Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Platinum and Lariat interior color

Old 02-28-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Platinum and Lariat interior color

I would like to purchase the Platinum trim but i love the Black leather(or semi leather) in the Lariat trim. My second choice would be sienna brown but i dont know if i could live with that color. Is the sienna brown similar to the ugly (in my opinion) leather in the Tundra?
Is the interior in the Platinum far superior to the a loaded Lariat or are they basically the same? Will the Platinum ever be offered with black leather?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 PM

When I was looking they were pertty much the same except for the colors. Also the platinum back seat is heated. Like toy I liked the black better. And I don't have the chrome tailgate. Don't need the rain sensing wipers or the retracting running boards either. Outside that I got about everything on the platinum on my Lariat.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a little iffy on the brown leather at first, but it has grown on me, and now I wouldn't go with any other color. As far as I could tell, the leather seemed to be of the same quality in both trucks, so it was mostly just the color. I've never seen the brown leather color in a Tundra, so I can't be a judge of that.

Do you have a dealer near you that has one with a black/brown interior? Before I actually sat in the truck, I really didn't think I was going to like the brown color, but after seeing and sitting in it, the color works well and looks good.

Thats not the greastest cell phone pic of the back seat, but it gives a pretty good view of the color (the color of the backset in this pic is the colsest to the actual color, everything else is bathed in sun). I can take some more if you want.

As far as the rest of the interior fit, its definitely a step above a Lariat. The dashboard has actual aluminum on it, the ride is ridiculously quiet thanks to the sound dampening, I prefer the darker wood color used in the Plat, and the interior lighting (while gimmicky) is cool and adds a nice flash. Also, the power fold mirrors are also very convenient, I can't tell you how many times I've driven on narrow bridges and roads, and folded the mirrors in just to be safe. Like Mike said, the rear seats are heated, which your backseat passengers really appreciate on a cold night.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Gonna lay body on 26's

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm sure u could order the color interior u want in the truck u want. I was lookin @ buyin a flex for my wife and they didn't make the interior how we wanted, so for an extra bit of money they'd make it how we wanted.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the replies and pics. This site is great.
The brown interior is nice but i dont like it as well as the lariat black. It would be nice to have the additional features on the platinum.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 AM

If I didn't have the gray leather; my second choice would have been black. Granted black will show dust easier and be slightly hotter in the Summer than the brown; but the black just looks cooler and if you have the air conditioned seats the heat shouldnt cause too much discomfort

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Platinum and Lariat interior color