Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


View Poll Results: Which engine did you get to power your Platinum?
5.4 V8 148 17.58%
5.0 V8 184 21.85%
3.5 Ecoboost V6 436 51.78%
6.2 V8 74 8.79%
Voters: 842. You may not vote on this poll

the Platinum club

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #2341
Senior Member
 
2012platinum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: hattiesburg,mississippi
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Thanked 198 Times in 184 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post

i see your truck all the time but i haven't asked yet, are these the "blade" forces?
Yeah man, they're Blade SS6's
__________________
2012 platinum EB Screw, every option, 6" RCX lift with bilstein 5100's, 3" performance accessories body lift, 24x14 custom cut American Force w/ 37" M16's, raptor tails, tinted windows, removed 4x4 stickers, Airaid cai, AFE 4" exhaust,SCT tune, paramount mesh grille, 2014 oem HID swap with 6k bulb swap, 6k matching fogs, Nfab prerunner, much more to come!
2012platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #2342
Senior Member
 
2012platinum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: hattiesburg,mississippi
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Thanked 198 Times in 184 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Platinum doin a little work today..... Well, playing.
Attached Thumbnails
the Platinum club-image-1235670068.jpg  
__________________
2012 platinum EB Screw, every option, 6" RCX lift with bilstein 5100's, 3" performance accessories body lift, 24x14 custom cut American Force w/ 37" M16's, raptor tails, tinted windows, removed 4x4 stickers, Airaid cai, AFE 4" exhaust,SCT tune, paramount mesh grille, 2014 oem HID swap with 6k bulb swap, 6k matching fogs, Nfab prerunner, much more to come!
2012platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #2343
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
PawPaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lockport, Louisiana
Posts: 6,343
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 387 Times in 335 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012platinum View Post
Platinum doin a little work today..... Well, playing.
And lookin' good doin' it!
__________________
2013 Platinum 4x4.. Ingot Silver with Pecan leather..Ecoboost engine with 3.31 E-lock...Huskyliner's front and rear...F150 bed mat...BakFlip VP cover...Toyo P275x60x20 AT2's..Bilstein 5100 shocks...tinted fronts..Boost Bar to match upper grille.
PawPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #2344
Senior Member
 
texas_platinum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 802
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
Wait.. @texas_platinum, is that a Chebby in the garage??
It sure is. It's a project truck. I had one when I was I high school and never got to build it like I wanted it. So now I'm taking my time and doing it right.
texas_platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #2345
Senior Member
 
MCDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: RVA
Posts: 1,622
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Thanked 428 Times in 354 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_platinum View Post
It sure is. It's a project truck. I had one when I was I high school and never got to build it like I wanted it. So now I'm taking my time and doing it right.
I cannot hate on that...and it sounds like a fun project.
Maybe in 20 years I could find a nice, mint, cherry, 1985 Honda Accord to rebuild
__________________
Gray Ghost
'13 Platinum - Sterling Gray - 4wd - EB - 3.31 ELD - 7200lb GVWR

F150lifts.com BOSS. RAS. BDukes55 Embroidered. Rigid DOT Dually fogs - SRM backups. CBIs in OEM HIDs.
Kicker Substage. 35% fronts. Bedrug. Bakflip F1 w/ custom bike mounts. EZ Down.
MCDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #2346
Senior Member
 
DangFoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggum View Post
Before I get to asking my question(s) here, let me first offer this disclaimer that I'm not ripping on Platinums or anything even remotely related to such activity.

That said, what exactly do you get with the Platinum package that you don't get otherwise? The only obvious things to me are the brushed aluminum plate on the tailgate (which I do not care for at all) ... and the emblems that say "Platinum" on the truck ... and the wheel selection/options are different (mostly chrome from what I've seen, again, which I don't care for at all). And of course, the grille options.

On the interior, engine, etc... what's the deal?

All I really know is that the Platinum looks to be an appearance package more than anything else, but it comes with a pretty hefty price tag (at least in my limited research).

So, for those of you with Platinum trucks, what's the scoop on them?
The Platinum comes with a long list of standard features that aren't on the other models. It's like a Cadillac Escalade versus a Yukon ... similar, but the difference is in the details for those that care. The best way to realize the many differences is to pull-up a window sticker online for both a Platinum and Lariat (as an example) and for comparison.

I can get a Platinum for roughly $8K to $10K below sticker, which is well worth it for the instrument cluster, interior materials, seats, power running boards, heated rear seat for the kids, moonroof, etc. Looking at a Platinum and then looking at other trucks (not just Fords) makes a lot of the other stuff look "cheap" on the interior. I'm not a fan of chrome either, but I feel like the Platinum has more brushed accents than chrome. Irrespective of model, I typically swap wheels anyway.

The FX4 is nice too; still considering one of those.
__________________
2014 F-150 Platinum Screw, 2.5" RC Lift + 1" Rear Block, 34" Good Year Duratracs, Rolling Stock Power.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #2347
Member
 
markm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
The Platinum comes with a long list of standard features that aren't on the other models. It's like a Cadillac Escalade versus a Yukon ... similar, but the difference is in the details for those that care. The best way to realize the many differences is to pull-up a window sticker online for both a Platinum and Lariat (as an example) and for comparison.

I can get a Platinum for roughly $8K to $10K below sticker, which is well worth it for the instrument cluster, interior materials, seats, power running boards, heated rear seat for the kids, moonroof, etc. Looking at a Platinum and then looking at other trucks (not just Fords) makes a lot of the other stuff look "cheap" on the interior. I'm not a fan of chrome either, but I feel like the Platinum has more brushed accents than chrome. Irrespective of model, I typically swap wheels anyway.

The FX4 is nice too; still considering one of those.
Pretty sure additional interior insulation, foamed A pillars, and thicker windshield. Mine is much quieter inside than my buddies FX4 for what that is worth.
__________________
'11 Platinum Screw, BakFlip, WeatherTech, Autospring 2" leveling, 275/65R20 Nokian Rotiiva AT plus, '13 HID headlights.

Other ride .... Well mod'ed '13 Boss 302. 444hp 6-sp yah baby!
markm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:52 AM   #2348
Senior Member
 
DangFoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Just bought a '14 Platinum 4x4 with the Ecoboost; the deals are too solid to pass up when a $55K loaded truck can be had for $46K. I wanted silver, but black was on the lot and I can park it in the garage, so it works. I also like the forthcoming '15s, but content to wait a few years and see how they pan-out with the new 2.7L Ecoboost.

As for the chrome comments ... the only chrome I see on my truck is the shifter, which can be said for other models too. Most every other accent piece is a brushed aluminum look. The mirrors have a faux chrome, but that's about it. Excellent truck ... my 3rd F-150. Just needs a modest lift and either 33s or 35s.
__________________
2014 F-150 Platinum Screw, 2.5" RC Lift + 1" Rear Block, 34" Good Year Duratracs, Rolling Stock Power.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #2349
Member
 
markm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
Just bought a '14 Platinum 4x4 with the Ecoboost; the deals are too solid to pass up when a $55K loaded truck can be had for $46K. I wanted silver, but black was on the lot and I can park it in the garage, so it works. I also like the forthcoming '15s, but content to wait a few years and see how they pan-out with the new 2.7L Ecoboost.

As for the chrome comments ... the only chrome I see on my truck is the shifter, which can be said for other models too. Most every other accent piece is a brushed aluminum look. The mirrors have a faux chrome, but that's about it. Excellent truck ... my 3rd F-150. Just needs a modest lift and either 33s or 35s.
If there are no pic's it didn't happen!
__________________
'11 Platinum Screw, BakFlip, WeatherTech, Autospring 2" leveling, 275/65R20 Nokian Rotiiva AT plus, '13 HID headlights.

Other ride .... Well mod'ed '13 Boss 302. 444hp 6-sp yah baby!
markm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #2350
Five-0 Ret.
 
Wanted33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Down South in Dixie
Posts: 5,515
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Thanked 640 Times in 546 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm View Post
Pretty sure additional interior insulation, foamed A pillars, and thicker windshield. Mine is much quieter inside than my buddies FX4 for what that is worth.
And don't forget the leather was cured on the thighs of a virgin.
__________________
"Better tried by twelve, than carried by six"

I tend to think donuts certify ones copliness....... Luther "Suitcase" Simpson
Wanted33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wanted33 For This Useful Post:
MCDavis (07-05-2014)
Old 07-05-2014, 03:02 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the Club... 00XJ49 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 1 12-06-2011 11:15 AM
new to the club bpd805 Introductions 2 10-01-2011 04:35 AM
New to the Club DapperDanMan Introductions 5 05-19-2011 10:21 PM
Club Mod 3wV Introductions 6 03-02-2009 07:59 PM
New To The Club MayDFXForceBWithU Introductions 13 03-06-2008 09:46 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.