Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phone / Sync Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone / Sync Problems

I have a Sanyo phone that is doing some funny things with SYNC. I got it to connect OK and download the address book however after a little while the phone will shut off or sometimes it will lose connection or sometimes the screen will freeze and I will need to shut off the truck to get the screen to unfreeze.

Is anyone having similar problems? Any Ideas? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:23 PM
FLARESIDE MAN !!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it most likely has to do with your phone. you can go to syncmyride.com and update your sync system there may be a fix for your problem with the update..
Old 11-20-2009, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had lots of problems with a couple Samsung phones that I tried with Sync. I now have a LG and it works good, however, one time it lost connectivity and the only way I could get it working right again was to remove the battery from the phone, replace it and then go through the pairing process again. Since then it hasn't missed a beat. Syncmyride.com has a list of phones that work with sync.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After checking syncmyride.com for supported phones, make sure that you have the latest firmware installed on your phone.

My Blackberry 8900 works ok, but txt messaging read-back is not supported and incoming callers hear a short, high-pitched beep when I answer the phone. I've looked at this on other forums, and I believe it's due to my phone being down-rev'd with the firmware.

Another item on the to-do list!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LG Shine

I have one that is about a year old now. Anyone have the same phone working with SYNC?. Does it all work well or not.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Phone / Sync Problems