Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Phantom System"

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Phantom System"

Hi all...new to the forum, new to trucks, new to Fords. Am loving my new '10 Screw Lariat.

This is a great forum, like that most posts seem to be geared around mods or boasting of the trucks. Tells lots about the passion of the members.

To my point - I reviewed my Mulroney last night and noticed a dealer installed option of "Phantom System". What is it? Yeah, I should have cleared with the dealer, but here we are...BTW, I did try to search and could not find any other mention.

Thanks,
Guy
Old 03-18-2010, 01:38 PM

I'm assuming that its some sort of security system at least from what I was able to find via a Google search. Did your truck come with any remotes other than the Factory keyless remotes? Have you called the dealer and asked them about it?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 PM

You may have a theft deterrent system called phantom footprints where the dealer places several special decals on the vehicle that, even if removed, leave a special imprint that will show up with a black light. The system is designed to deter theft and to aid in identifying the vehicle if recovered.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 PM

Great, thanks...confirmed as 'invisible markings' on key components to help police trace the vehicle parts back. FWIW, I don't see the value but since I paid for it,

Didn't think to search google, only searched this forum and Ford website.

Quick Reply: "Phantom System"