Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

peeling weather strip on new bed cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 12:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default peeling weather strip on new bed cover

I put a BAKflip g2 on back in may. And with the exception of one thing I love it. But the weather stripping between the cover and the and box has started peeling (near the back of the cab).

This picture shows the gap left where it has fallen into the bed and where it still attached down on the other end. Is there any way to fix this? I'd imagine most adhesives would not hold rubber to metal very well, especially when the truck lives outside in the Texas sun.

Thank you in advance for the help
Old 08-14-2015, 02:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you recently bought it I would try contacting bakflip and see what they can do for you.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:31 AM
F150 Greenhorn

Received 109 Likes on 93 Posts

That's odd. I've had my F1 for 2+ years with no issues. I'd call/email the sh*t out of them. I hope they make it right with you.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Your cover is too far towards the back of the bed. The ribbed weather stripping on the top side of the bedrail should rest just under the piece of metal. That flap attached to the bed cover should hang over the weather stripping into the gap between the bed and cab. Readjust the cover more towards the cab and you'll be better off.

As for the fitment at the tailgate...the metal piece of the last panel should just barely overlap the cabside edge of the tailgate. The rubber flap should rest ontop of the tailgate. If you need pics let me know and I'll snap some of my F1.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:12 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Contact them and get another strip. Use some grease and wax remover on the surface prior to applying the new gasket.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:34 AM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by MCDavis
Your cover is too far towards the back of the bed. The ribbed weather stripping on the top side of the bedrail should rest just under the piece of metal. That flap attached to the bed cover should hang over the weather stripping into the gap between the bed and cab. Readjust the cover more towards the cab and you'll be better off.

As for the fitment at the tailgate...the metal piece of the last panel should just barely overlap the cabside edge of the tailgate. The rubber flap should rest ontop of the tailgate. If you need pics let me know and I'll snap some of my F1.
Thinking the same thing...maybe he moved the cover to the rear just for showing the problem. My cover is over the seal and I haven't had any problems even in this heat we get in SE Louisiana.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys. I'll adjust the positioning of the cover and email them this afternoon.

Quick Reply: peeling weather strip on new bed cover