Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking Break

Old 12-31-2015, 06:39 AM

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

Default Parking Break

Just remembered to ask the question, as I haven't had to use my parking brake lately, but reading another thread that mentioned it, in regards to another issue. On Halloween, I had parked on a Grade which taking the kids out. I engaged the parking brake, no issue. When I came back and disengaged, I started driving and the warning light kept coming on saying that the brake was on. I played with the lever a bit and light went out. Drove a bit further, light came on again. Engaged and disengaged this time, light was still on. Fooled around with lever again and finally went out, and has never come back on. Would the cable itself maybe need some grease? Nothing felt loose or out of place but figured that I don't use it often that maybe it was getting dry or starting to seize. Wasn't sure if the brake was actually stuck on at that time or just sticky cable triggering a warning thinking it was still on.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I use my parking brake regularly, and I see this as well. I haven't identified the cause, but all I do is hold the parking brake release, and push the pedal up about a quarter inch with my foot. makes it go away every time. One of these days, I'll dig in and figure out why it's happening.
The following users liked this post:
tomasulo (12-31-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parking Break