Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pandora Internet Radio Through Sync

Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pandora Internet Radio Through Sync

I am so excited that I have to share this with ya'll.

I have a cellphone with the unlimited internet package, so I decided to try to get Pandora internet radio to work on my phone. Once I got that to work, I went to the truck and plugged the phone in through the Bluetooth audio. It synced and played Pandora radio through the truck speakers.

For those of ya'll that do not know what Pandora radio is, you have to check it out.

http://www.pandora.com/
Old 06-16-2009, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by sig
I am so excited that I have to share this with ya'll.

I have a cellphone with the unlimited internet package, so I decided to try to get Pandora internet radio to work on my phone. Once I got that to work, I went to the truck and plugged the phone in through the Bluetooth audio. It synced and played Pandora radio through the truck speakers.

For those of ya'll that do not know what Pandora radio is, you have to check it out.

http://www.pandora.com/

Wow Pandora is pretty damn cool! I typed in Linkin Park and all the songs it suggested were ones that I really like. Thanks for that site...ill deffinitly be jaming to that at work!!! I dont know if my phone can support that kind of web site, but thats pretty good idea to link it to your truck! Whats the sound quality like?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:32 AM
sig

Sound quality is good. I noticed some crackling if I start messing with the phone while it is playing, but if I put it in a storage bin or on the dash it is good.

It says it is only supposed to work on a couple phones, but if you google your phone there are people who have created a working copy of the software for other phones. You need to have an unlimited internet plan to do this because it uses a lot of data.

Link to the Pandora site for cell phones
http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go

If your phone is not suported then check here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48458
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Ya, I tried this a while back too. I found it works great if your within a city but if you travel on the interstate, it can get frustrating with the dropped service.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 AM

Good post. I like that websight.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:00 PM

Received 130 Likes on 90 Posts

I have a BlackBerry 8330 ... the BlueTooth works great for the phone. How do I get the music to play through the stereo though? I know I can plug the iPod in to the USB but I didn't realize the phone could be used too.

Anyone know? That's an awesome feature. I use Pandora all the time.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:11 PM

Great site thanks for the post!

Originally Posted by sharper4
I have a BlackBerry 8330 ... the BlueTooth works great for the phone. How do I get the music to play through the stereo though? I know I can plug the iPod in to the USB but I didn't realize the phone could be used too.

Anyone know? That's an awesome feature. I use Pandora all the time.
I have the nav. system and on there you go to the user device menu then select Blue Tooth. Not sure if you do not have the nav. system.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:33 PM
sig

you may have to set it on your phone. I know with my phone which is windows mobile I have to check a box that says blue tooth audio.

Also your phone has to support playing your audio through blue tooth. I know a lot of the older phones didn't support it. In that case you would have to do it with a cable to the aux port.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good find......
Old 06-28-2009, 07:53 PM

Received 130 Likes on 90 Posts

Turns out the BB 8330 doesn't have Bluetooth Audio. But for those with the new iPhone (3rd gen), turns out those work like a champ. (Too bad I don't have one though).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pandora Internet Radio Through Sync