Originally Posted by Wolf_FX4
Yeah I though of this too but just the way the paint seems to be flowing there's either glue in the way or it's just too too tight and narrow. I'm thinking it's more than do able to have my body shop separate the housing and the lens then I can give it a detailed paint then have them join them again. Sounds feasible no?
IDK, I'm thinking a Body Shop won't touch it. They'd just buy a new light if they ever had a problem with one so they may be stumped like you. I could be wrong though.
I think the problem is glue. I had some spots like that too. I took a hobby knife and a tiny tiny flat head driver to it. The kind you use on small electrical components, the kind you twist with you fingers and the handle end rotates to you can put pressure on the handle....
Anyway, I grooved and tried to cut through the glue, then I ever so gently, poked and very slowly and slightly pry with minimum amount of force to crack the excess glue. Just do enough to hear and feel the glue crack. I did this along the seem until I could get paint in there.