Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Once u get your VIN when does window sticker....

Appear? Got a VIN but do not see window sticker. What exactly does that mean? Ford says it is built awaiting to be sent to my dealer. I know this has been asked 100 x's but can not find in the search section using my droid. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Found what I was looking for.

Last edited by Jas511; 03-24-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Jas511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

what was the answer? when i got my VIN, my window sticker was available right away.
__________________
2010 F150 XLT 4x4 Screw 6.5 ft bed with 3.55 LS rear axle, front bench seat, Tow pkg, sync, TBC, spray-in bedliner, and more!
jt_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_04 View Post
what was the answer? when i got my VIN, my window sticker was available right away.
I was thinking in reverse. I was thinking that you got your VIN, the truck was built, then the window sticker appeared. Duh!!
Jas511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Go Broncos
 
ChampWJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mile High City
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas511 View Post
I was thinking in reverse. I was thinking that you got your VIN, the truck was built, then the window sticker appeared. Duh!!
That is most often not the case. You get your VIN when the truck is scheduled to be built and your window sticker about 6 days before the truck gets built. How did you find out your truck is already built? I'm a bit surprised you can't view the sticker if it is in fact built.
__________________
2011 FX4 SuperCrew Tuxedo Black, 5.0, Luxury Package. Mods: Line-X, Extang Revolution, Magnaflow 18" SI/SO w/4" chrome tip

ChampWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Member
 
DeeeJay02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I ordered my tuck a few weeks ago. Can I get the VIN from the dealer? How do I check the status?
DeeeJay02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampWJ View Post
That is most often not the case. You get your VIN when the truck is scheduled to be built and your window sticker about 6 days before the truck gets built. How did you find out your truck is already built? I'm a bit surprised you can't view the sticker if it is in fact built.
I went to my dealer's website and checked the new inventory. I noticed a truck similar to mine with no pics and limited info. I clicked on it and I saw a VIN#. So, I decided to call Ford's marketing dept. and spoke to a guy who was able to pull up a list of things that indicated it was indeed my truck. He said it was built, and sitting in Dearborn, Michigan waiting to be delivered to my dealer. The only thing he could not tell me was an ETA on the delivery. Got a feeling it is gonna take a few weeks from reading some other guys posts on the subject. I did a search on this site and found a link where I put in my VIN# and was able to print my window sticker. Ordered 3/10 and it was obviously built sometime between then and now. Funny thing is, just before I checked my dealer's website, I called them and they told me they had no info. Anyway, that is where I am.....awaiting the delivery. If anybody has their VIN, I would suggest giving Ford a call. The guy I spoke with was very helpful. I was shocked, to say the least, when he told me it was sitting there awaiting delivery. Now, the "real" waiting begins. I wonder if it is in a rail yard or at the plant? My $750 certificate runs out on 4/25. I hope it gets here before then.

What is going on with your truck, Champ?
Jas511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
Go Broncos
 
ChampWJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mile High City
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas511 View Post
I went to my dealer's website and checked the new inventory. I noticed a truck similar to mine with no pics and limited info. I clicked on it and I saw a VIN#. So, I decided to call Ford's marketing dept. and spoke to a guy who was able to pull up a list of things that indicated it was indeed my truck. He said it was built, and sitting in Dearborn, Michigan waiting to be delivered to my dealer. The only thing he could not tell me was an ETA on the delivery. Got a feeling it is gonna take a few weeks from reading some other guys posts on the subject. I did a search on this site and found a link where I put in my VIN# and was able to print my window sticker. Ordered 3/10 and it was obviously built sometime between then and now. Funny thing is, just before I checked my dealer's website, I called them and they told me they had no info. Anyway, that is where I am.....awaiting the delivery. If anybody has their VIN, I would suggest giving Ford a call. The guy I spoke with was very helpful. I was shocked, to say the least, when he told me it was sitting there awaiting delivery. Now, the "real" waiting begins. I wonder if it is in a rail yard or at the plant? My $750 certificate runs out on 4/25. I hope it gets here before then.

What is going on with your truck, Champ?
That's great you were able to find all that out and that quickly too. Wonder why your dealer was in the dark.

My truck is somewhere between KC and Denver on a train. Dealer expects it to be in my possession Mon/Tues next week.
__________________
2011 FX4 SuperCrew Tuxedo Black, 5.0, Luxury Package. Mods: Line-X, Extang Revolution, Magnaflow 18" SI/SO w/4" chrome tip

ChampWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampWJ

That's great you were able to find all that out and that quickly too. Wonder why your dealer was in the dark.

My truck is somewhere between KC and Denver on a train. Dealer expects it to be in my possession Mon/Tues next week.
Honestly don't think he bothered to look. Glad yours is on the way. If I remember correctly, you've been waiting a while.
Jas511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:16 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement Window Sticker JVKingRanch General F150 Discussion 9 03-06-2012 01:53 AM
Window sticker question? Mudweiser 2009 - Present Ford F150 2 03-22-2011 02:53 PM
Ecoboost Window Sticker spankomatic 2009 - Present Ford F150 30 01-05-2011 02:20 PM
Favorite Window Sticker SgtGoose Off-Topic 23 03-10-2009 08:50 PM
Which window sticker? LovetheTide Off-Topic 22 06-29-2007 11:49 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.