Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, school me on a system setup guys...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Ok, school me on a system setup guys...

Well as the title says I'm wanting to add a system in my 2010 extended cab. I found a box on amazon that will fit under my rear seat and house 2 12" subs. I am wanting to run 2 12" rockford fosgate shallow p3's since there's not much housing depth to the box. So if I'm on the right track so far then I have 3 questions. First, will 8 gauge wiring kit be sufficient for this setup? Second what amp should I look into that will push these subs sufficiently without breaking the bank? Will any old amp work that's rated at a certain wattage? If so, what would that wattage be? Ok, third question is since I have a stock stereo, how do I go about wiring all this together? I've always wired systems to aftermarket stereos, never to a stock stereo, so is there anything else needed to complete setup? Thanks in advance guys, I'm really wanting a decent setup without breaking the bank.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 45pro
Well as the title says I'm wanting to add a system in my 2010 extended cab. I found a box on amazon that will fit under my rear seat and house 2 12" subs. I am wanting to run 2 12" rockford fosgate shallow p3's since there's not much housing depth to the box. So if I'm on the right track so far then I have 3 questions. First, will 8 gauge wiring kit be sufficient for this setup? Second what amp should I look into that will push these subs sufficiently without breaking the bank? Will any old amp work that's rated at a certain wattage? If so, what would that wattage be? Ok, third question is since I have a stock stereo, how do I go about wiring all this together? I've always wired systems to aftermarket stereos, never to a stock stereo, so is there anything else needed to complete setup? Thanks in advance guys, I'm really wanting a decent setup without breaking the bank.

I'm selling a fox box ported with 2 10s. Will demolish 2 shallow 12s. Trust me I have tried many applications in my truck. It's a ported fox box with 2 ssa gcon 10" subs. $700+ brand new for subs and box. I'm willing to let go for $450 I also have amps for sale if you are interested. And a single 10" sealed box with a ssa dcon.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by 45pro
Oh just noticed you said extended cab. I have a screw. Not sure if it will still fit
Old 11-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Ford Fanatic

Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

I am not sure how 2 12's will fit under the rear seat. Those subs also are fairly deep and not sure if it will fit under the seat depth wise. The tallest point from floor to bottom of seat is around 7 inches towards the edge and that sub as a mounting depth of 6.5" With just my single 10 and my own box I made it still sticks out a hair. As far as connecting an amp to the stock stereo, the easiest ways is to us the pac audio interface. The one you need is PAC AOEM-FRD24. It allows you to connect an amp without splicing into your factory harness. I used 4g for my system which includes a 400 watt 4 channel amp, single 10" sub and door speakers. I wouldn't use anything less than 4g preferably 0g only because you might decide you want to add on to your system down the road. A class d amp rated around 1000 to 1500 watts should good to power both.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 4.6Intruder
I am not sure how 2 12's will fit under the rear seat. Those subs also are fairly deep and not sure if it will fit under the seat depth wise. The tallest point from floor to bottom of seat is around 7 inches towards the edge and that sub as a mounting depth of 6.5" With just my single 10 and my own box I made it still sticks out a hair. As far as connecting an amp to the stock stereo, the easiest ways is to us the pac audio interface. The one you need is PAC AOEM-FRD24. It allows you to connect an amp without splicing into your factory harness. I used 4g for my system which includes a 400 watt 4 channel amp, single 10" sub and door speakers. I wouldn't use anything less than 4g preferably 0g only because you might decide you want to add on to your system down the road. A class d amp rated around 1000 to 1500 watts should good to power both.
I've never seen the interior of an extended can. But the box fits perfectly under my back seat. If you have the same back seat as a screw then it should fit? But I never seen the back seat of extended cab so I don't know.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron150
I've never seen the interior of an extended can. But the box fits perfectly under my back seat. If you have the same back seat as a screw then it should fit? But I never seen the back seat of extended cab so I don't know.
Why would you think the rear seat in a crew cab would be the same as an extended?
Not even close
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 09:36 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Good luck, 12s wont fit under the seat of a scab! Itll stick out like a sore thumb!
Old 11-28-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Pro box super bass. I made my own box in my 08 with 2 kicker cvr 10s with a Rockford Fosgate 1000w and Polk 5250 component speakers in the front with a mini Rockford Fosgate 300w. Thing hit hard as hell and was super loud. Added some dynamat and your set
Old 11-28-2015, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by brihvac
Why would you think the rear seat in a crew cab would be the same as an extended? Not even close
Meant seat hight. I know the seat is shorter in length but not sure if the height is the same for box to fit under
Old 11-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Ford Fanatic

Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

A box will fit under the seat, but it comes down to depth of the subwoofers since you have to allow a certain amount of airspace. The RF P3's have a 6.5" of mounting depth so it will be close. I can't remember that exact dimensions, but I think the tallest point of the box I built was 7 or 8" towards the front and like 6" at the rear in order for it to fit and net me as much airspace as I could get and the depth of my sub was around 5-5.5". I also used 3/4 mdf so that took away some of the airspace. Had I used 1/2" mdf I could of gained an additional .5" of airspace. You will have no floor space with 12's. You are better off buying one really good 10 instead of 2 12's IMO.

Quick Reply: Ok, school me on a system setup guys...