Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM HID bulb screws

Old 08-01-2015, 02:18 PM

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Default OEM HID bulb screws

I needed to reseat my drivers side oem hid bulb after showing some pics to members here a few weeks ago of a large hot spot/diamond shape. Ive got the bulb out and readjusted, it was not sitting on those 2 centering pins properly. But now ive run into an issue, the 2 screws that were holding the bulb in place do not screw in all the way. Which makes me wonder if they are the proper thread. Theyxare a torx head, but the thread is what i question. With a flashlight the thread on the housing looks fine, the bolt is not.

Also are these the ford oem hid bulbs?

Old 08-01-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 234 Likes on 194 Posts

Those arent the right screws at all. The right ones are also torx but have a MUCH finer thread than yours. No wonder you were having problems. The part # for the correct OEM screws is w715680s437. See pic. Tasca has them. Or I could just sell you these since I don't need them. They were extras.

And I think those are the oem bulbs, but couldn't tell you for sure since I went straight to the cbi's when I did my conversion.

Last edited by johndog82; 08-01-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:19 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Default OEM HID bulb screws

Originally Posted by steve392
I needed to reseat my drivers side oem hid bulb after showing some pics to members here a few weeks ago of a large hot spot/diamond shape. Ive got the bulb out and readjusted, it was not sitting on those 2 centering pins properly. But now ive run into an issue, the 2 screws that were holding the bulb in place do not screw in all the way. Which makes me wonder if they are the proper thread. Theyxare a torx head, but the thread is what i question. With a flashlight the thread on the housing looks fine, the bolt is not.

Also are these the ford oem hid bulbs?

Those screws go into something plastic either a 8/32 or bigger
Old 08-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

Where did you buy your headlights? Maybe they should provide the proper screws.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:00 PM

Received 234 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by MT-Ford
Where did you buy your headlights? Maybe they should provide the proper screws.
The decontented lamps on eBay usually do not include any screws or anything else. I had to get my screws from Tasca
Old 08-01-2015, 09:39 PM

the lights were bought from a member on here who had bought them from another member. the lights are basically oem hid ****** it would appears. Looks a trip to the ford dealer is in order to order the correct screws. This might also answer why the light would "bounce, these screws did not go all the way in at all.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by johndog82
Those arent the right screws at all. The right ones are also torx but have a MUCH finer thread than yours. No wonder you were having problems. The part # for the correct OEM screws is w715680s437. See pic. Tasca has them. Or I could just sell you these since I don't need them. They were extras.

And I think those are the oem bulbs, but couldn't tell you for sure since I went straight to the cbi's when I did my conversion.
john, can't message you. what you want for the pack?
Old 08-01-2015, 09:47 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by steve392
the lights were bought from a member on here who had bought them from another member. the lights are basically oem hid ****** it would appears. Looks a trip to the ford dealer is in order to order the correct screws. This might also answer why the light would "bounce, these screws did not go all the way in at all.
The bounce you noticed, was more than likely the cutoff shield! Its normal...
Old 08-03-2015, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Toddman34
The bounce you noticed, was more than likely the cutoff shield! Its normal...

Finally got to drive the truck at night after re-seating the drivers side bulb. WOW what a huge difference, no exaggeration. There is a huge difference in output from what it was to what it is now. Really makes me wonder what the hell the original owner of the lights did to these things before selling them to the next owner or what that person may have done. But all is fixed and no more flickering when hitting bumps. Nothing. So it was definitely from not being properly seated on those 2 mounting pins before being screwed down with the improper screws.

And with the HID's i put in the fogs, omg wow. It its so nice the out put in front of the truck. It doesn't go any further then the stock lights did, but its just much whiter and clearer. Works well with the oem hids.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM HID bulb screws