Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No SYNC update for Canadian-built F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No SYNC update for Canadian-built F-150?

Hi all. New to the forum. I bought my first F-150 a few days ago: a race red 2014 XLT model. Love everything about it except for SYNC. Specifically the BT connectivity issues and the lack of song/artist/album display. I registered my vehicle on owner.ford.com and as it happens the truck was manufactured in Candada. I would like to download the Sync 4.4 update (current version is 4.3) but I am unable to do a vehicle health report first because that function apparently isn't available on Canadian-built F-150s. So my question is this: does anybody know where I can download a more recent version of the SYNC software to install in my truck? I've seen a couple other forums with links to files, but those links have expired, and Ford seems to be keeping a pretty tight lid on their software downloads. Any information anybody can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:25 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Your F150 wasn't made in Canada, just sold there. I also have a F150 sold in Canada. It's true the vehicle health report does not work, but you can do an update without it. I upgraded mine about 6 months ago but I cannot remember which version. I have a 2012 with the 2 line display and my update has been very stable (knock on wood).
Old 09-02-2016, 07:48 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Do you have the 4.2" screen above the a/c controls?
Old 09-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by dustinlovell
Hi all. New to the forum. I bought my first F-150 a few days ago: a race red 2014 XLT model. Love everything about it except for SYNC. Specifically the BT connectivity issues and the lack of song/artist/album display. I registered my vehicle on owner.ford.com and as it happens the truck was manufactured in Candada. I would like to download the Sync 4.4 update (current version is 4.3) but I am unable to do a vehicle health report first because that function apparently isn't available on Canadian-built F-150s. So my question is this: does anybody know where I can download a more recent version of the SYNC software to install in my truck? I've seen a couple other forums with links to files, but those links have expired, and Ford seems to be keeping a pretty tight lid on their software downloads. Any information anybody can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hey dustinlovell,

Congratulations on your new truck! The V4.4 update was pulled from the SYNC accounts a couple months ago. There is no ETA if and when it will be available again. If you're having issues with the Bluetooth connection, try a master reset. You can find the steps here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...html?sync=sync

Cara
Old 09-03-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

First, read the forscan thread. Next, download forscan and get an appropriate OBD II module. Now get a vin of a similar equipped U.S. truck and copy the APIM settings and compare them to yours. Change your APIM settings. Now find a download of v4.6 that is floating around and try to install it.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:09 AM

I do have the 4.2 inch screen.

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Do you have the 4.2" screen above the a/c controls?
Old 09-06-2016, 12:13 PM

That's just the problem. I can't find a copy of the update floating around anywhere.

Originally Posted by Chad Walker
First, read the forscan thread. Next, download forscan and get an appropriate OBD II module. Now get a vin of a similar equipped U.S. truck and copy the APIM settings and compare them to yours. Change your APIM settings. Now find a download of v4.6 that is floating around and try to install it.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:14 PM

Thanks for your reply. The master reset seems to have helped somewhat with the BT connection, but I still am not seeing any song info on the screen. That's the piece of the update I was most looking forward to.

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey dustinlovell,

Congratulations on your new truck! The V4.4 update was pulled from the SYNC accounts a couple months ago. There is no ETA if and when it will be available again. If you're having issues with the Bluetooth connection, try a master reset. You can find the steps here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...html?sync=sync

Cara
Old 09-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi dustinlovell,

I understand. Continue to check your Owner account for new updates: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...p-to-date.html I'll be here if anything else comes up.

Shaay
Old 09-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by dustinlovell
That's just the problem. I can't find a copy of the update floating around anywhere.

Here's a link to the 2015 Escape sync version 4.6, same one I'm using in my truck. Works great, I also used it to update my wife's 2014 Escape. Copy the contents (do not unzip any of it) to a thumb drive and update as usual.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...GRYV2Iyamc4ZDg

Last edited by RLXXI; 09-06-2016 at 06:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dustinlovell (09-14-2016)

Quick Reply: No SYNC update for Canadian-built F-150?