Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Start Battery Low

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start Battery Low

I'm a bit frustrated with my 2012 xlt screw w/ 5.0 l engine that I purchased in Jan as a certified used vehicle and added a premium care warranty to.

First of all I love the way the truck drives. I love the space for my family and I love having the growl of a V8 again after years of driving a 4cyl.
Problem is the truck will not start after sitting for a few days. The engine barely turns over. The truck was not being used as a daily driver however it has been driven every few days for trips about 30miles round trip.
The first time it happened at the end of June, the dealer replaced the battery (at my cost) and sent me on my way. 2 weeks later the same no crank condition returned.
Another trip to the dealer and they replaced the battery again saying it was a defective battery and sent me on my way.

since then the truck started being used almost daily and now has aproximately 45,600miles on it, no problems noted.
Then as my 17yr old daily driver with 278000miles decided to give up the ghost I jump in my truck which was driven 2 days prior and it won't start!
Ford roadside gives me a jump and I driive to the dealer where I notice the gear indicator says 5th gear and the motor is lugging.
After arguing for a rental car I leave the dealer wondering if they can find the issue and if I can trust the truck to be my daily driver now that my 17yr old runabout is in the scrap heap.
I have a pretty basic XLT package, no back up camera, trailer harness fuses not installed. I haven't noticed the dash lights turning on / off in the middle of the night but the trans problem raises my eyebrows.
I remember seeing a compilation of "dead battery" things to check but can't seem to find it now. Any help is appreciated.

G.Man
Old 11-15-2015, 09:58 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Few posts down in this thread
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/2013-n...-start-320247/
Old 11-15-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thx

Thanks TotheMax
that's the thread I was looking for.
It's frustrating that the newest vehicle in my households lineup is the least dependable right now!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:06 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

I hear ya. Lots of electronics on new vehicles. That makes it easy for something small to cause a big issue

Quick Reply: No Start Battery Low