Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto Terra Grappler vs Goodyear Duratrac

Old 08-18-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Nitto Terra Grappler vs Goodyear Duratrac

I'm trying to decide between the Nitto Terra Grappler and Goodyear Duratrac tire. I really want the best tire for on road dry and wet performance but if I do go off road it handles good as well. Anybody here have any user feedback on both these tires?
Old 08-18-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running the Good year Duratrac's for years now both on road and off road. They are an outstanding tire. The Snow and severe weather performance is the best I have ever experienced. Low noise level while cruising at highway speeds. They are obviously not as good as a full on MT tire for off road driving, but I have never been disappointed with their off road abilities. I've used Duratracs on both the Jeep JK I used to own and the F150 I have now.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:23 PM

Thank you for the feedback on your results 804son.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:40 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Default Nitto Terra Grappler vs Goodyear Duratrac

Originally Posted by 804son
I've been running the Good year Duratrac's for years now both on road and off road. They are an outstanding tire. The Snow and severe weather performance is the best I have ever experienced. Low noise level while cruising at highway speeds. They are obviously not as good as a full on MT tire for off road driving, but I have never been disappointed with their off road abilities. I've used Duratracs on both the Jeep JK I used to own and the F150 I have now.
I would say the same about the terras.

You can't go wrong with either tire
Old 08-18-2015, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
I would say the same about the terras.

You can't go wrong with either tire
I've had Terra's on all my previous trucks and don't have much complaint with them but really am leaning towards the dura's for their more aggressive look. Just want to know if I'm gaining or losing anything.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 3,926 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by slimcubby
I've had Terra's on all my previous trucks and don't have much complaint with them but really am leaning towards the dura's for their more aggressive look. Just want to know if I'm gaining or losing anything.
IMO, you are gaining. I ran Terras on my 06 F150 and I've been running Duratracs on my Bronco for 4 years. The Duratracs are better in snow and mud and look better.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

I had the Terras on my F150 before I swapped to Duratracs. The Terras were a good tire if you are mostly going to stay on road but they do hold their own off road and fair on ice and snow. Now if you are going off roading frequently and in the ice and snow a lot go for the Duratracs
Old 08-18-2015, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pulled that trigger about a week ago. The Grapplers look insane ... and I feel like that's all I see where I live. But the Duratracs are VERY similar and if I recall correctly, they are much lighter than the Grapplers. I can't remember my exact profile but they are 34'' and don't have much noise at all. They look tough so I'd recommend them.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:49 AM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

I went with the Terra's because it was really my only option for my tire size (22's) I love the look of them and dry traction is OK but wet traction is horrible. I do not run them in the winter (have blizzaks on separate wheels) but i can only imagine it would not be good. Decent summer tire though!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitto Terra Grappler vs Goodyear Duratrac