Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool New Exhaust System

For my flex day today, I went over to the local shop to get a quote on a new cat-back exhaust. I'm going with a SI/DO Magnaflow system, 4in tips (chrome 45 degree slash tips) 45'ed behind the tires. 3in pipe the whole way. I really wanted to do a true dual, but the guy at the shop suggested the SI/DO setup.

She'll be goin under the knife Saturday morning, so I hope to have some pics/audio up shortly after that.

Now I just gotta get my towing mirrors and all will be well in the mod world for now!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Rok

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

Well defintely down for pics and sound clips? Whats this gonna run ya?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you want the true duals, you should go for it. the shop will tell you a si/do is better because it is less work for them. i ran in to that with the first shop i went to. the guy wanted to charge the most amount of money for the least amount of work. i had true dual flowmaster super 44s put on about a month ago and love it. if you are happy with a sido set up then go for it, but don't let them talk you out of what you want.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:49 PM

Its gonna be $600 installed. I guess I have till Saturday to decide if I actually want to go true dual, but for me the big turnoff was the $1100 price tag. I also spoke to a few people I know online / around here who got true duals and think that it isn't quite worth the $500 extra. The truck's gonna be my daily driver for the next several years, so I don't want it too loud, just a nice throaty rumble.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM

I think even with the muffler you're getting jewed I got my exhaust done the exact way you want but no muffler and mine was about 200.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:08 PM

I don't think it's that bad of a deal. Its over $300 in parts (tips are MF35119, $65 ea, muffler is MF14298, $150 at summit racing, plus all the pipe / bending), then the rest is labor and taxes. The labor rates at shops here are all ridiculous, my dealer gets $105 an hour, these guys are slightly less.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:01 PM

is it all stainless steel? i had aluminumized put on mine, and mufflers, tips and all was $400. i don't know that having true duals made a differance, but i like the sound better than with a si/do.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:31 PM

Yea, its all polished stainless. If he had any of the regular stainless mufflers in stock, I could save like $70 there (probably a play on his part to get more money for the things). I'm gonna ask him tomorrow if he can make a better deal on the true dual, but if he can't come below like $800, I think I'm going to stick with the SiDo. Althought today was payday .
Old 03-20-2010, 05:39 PM

Well here she is. I ended up making some changes this morning when I showed up. He ended up having a straight-up stainless (we had originally talked about polished stainless) that he had special ordered for another install that was supossed to be yesterday that backed out. I also went with 3.5" tips instead of 4.

Because of the non-polished muffler and the smaller tips, he backed the price down to $480 (inc. tax and install). Which is still a little high if you ask me (and others), but I don't mind supporting a local business.

She sounds lot meaner than stock. I don't know if the Platinums have a larger (quieter) stock muffler but now she roars to life when you turn the key and accelerate. Definitely was turning heads on the way home.

Video and audio coming as soon as I can figure out how to convert cell phone video into something useable or someone drops by with a video camera .
Old 03-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Rok

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

looks nice!

Quick Reply: New Exhaust System