Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help Xenon hid headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help Xenon hid headlights

I have F150 XLT 2013 and I need to replace the original headlights with the OEM Xenon hid headlights with ballast .
Did these headlight plug and play or do i need other connection .
Old 08-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Triton

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I believe your going to have to buy an adapter as it is a different bulb. If I'm not mistaken I think morimoto sells them. You'll have to run wires to the battery and ground a few as well from the YouTube video I saw.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WHITE TRITON
I believe your going to have to buy an adapter as it is a different bulb. If I'm not mistaken I think morimoto sells them. You'll have to run wires to the battery and ground a few as well from the YouTube video I saw.
Thank u for your replay while am looking today for projector 2013 I read this note for the hid f150 headlight projector .

(( You are looking at brand new pair of HID headlights. These are genuine Ford Parts that will fit perfectly, there is no risk with these parts unlike some of the imitators. out there. Both of the headlights are decontented which means they do not include Bulbs, Sockets, Ballast, Covers or Front Catcher Bracket. Those pieces can be purchased seperately or can be changed out from your old HID lamps.

Some people like to retrofit these lights to the older model F-150's (2009-2012) which is possible but requires some custom installation, we cannot offer and installation or customization instructions. Retrofitting of these parts is only recommended when the technician is fully confident that he/she is knowledgeable enough to complete the installation.

These parts fit the following vehicles with no modification required)
Old 08-09-2015, 05:49 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I have a 2013 XLT that came with standard halogen lamps, I bought a set of oem HID projector light assemblies that also came with the required adapter harness.

The adapter harness makes them plug-n-play, spent right at $1,300.00 for the whole deal.

If your patient you can score a set relatively cheap, found mine on ebay, there are or were a couple people from this forum also selling them in the for sale section.

They have 3 different kind, chrome like I have, grey, and black.

Quick Reply: Need help Xenon hid headlights