MyFordTouch Screens - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
Log In 


MyFordTouch Screens

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Firefightin' FX4 Fan
 
Butters_33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,713
Thanked 109 Times in 92 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper4 View Post
Well damn - I was hoping for some dumb reason that I would like the NAV on my 2012 Sony unit better. Nope... now I know (for fact) the MyFordTouch is way better. Ignorance *was* bliss.
Since I am thinking about making the jump from my '09 to a '12 or '13 with Nav I gotta ask----why do you think the MFT Nav is better than the Sony Nav?
__________________
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0L V8 Coyote w/ Lux. Package, Nav. Package, Power Moonroof + Rigid Dually Spot x2, Rigid D2 Driving x2, OEM Power Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors, and more....

Alberta F-150s unite!!!!!!


Last edited by Butters_33; 10-08-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Butters_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
[Something Funny Here]
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I have no comparison to the 2012 nav so no help there. I haven't even tried to route some where with mine yet other than finding out you can't enter an address while moving. If there are any other specific screens any one is interested in feel free to ask.
__________________

2013 FX4 | Black | EcoBoost | Nav | 20" | Moonroof
2006 GTO | Cyclone Gray | M6 | Coilovers | CarPC
jheizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Is the only way to control heated/cooled seats through the MFT? I noticed when I looked at one on the dealer's lot I didn't see the hard buttons for the heated/cooled seat like in the 12.
SouthGaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
[Something Funny Here]
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

There are no hard buttons for the seats. I happened to have taken a picture of them.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________

2013 FX4 | Black | EcoBoost | Nav | 20" | Moonroof
2006 GTO | Cyclone Gray | M6 | Coilovers | CarPC
jheizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
Resident Arsehole
 
HCFX2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 17,067
Thanked 1,672 Times in 1,094 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper4 View Post
Well damn - I was hoping for some dumb reason that I would like the NAV on my 2012 Sony unit better. Nope... now I know (for fact) the MyFordTouch is way better. Ignorance *was* bliss.
Hmm.....When my truck had serious issues I was looking at 2012's...blowing off MFT because it sucks in the Focus....Yeah it's really great. I do have a video walkaround that I did on a 2013 a while back. I'll upload it to YT.
__________________
Ordered 6/11/15 - 2015 F-150 Lariat SCrew 3.5L Ecoboost - Tuxedo Black/Ebony - 502a package, Chrome Package, Technology Package, Max Trailer Tow w/trailer tow mirrors, Moonroof, 20" Chrome-like PVD wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLobLaw View Post
If you've ever heard a newfoundler talk you'd think he was a minion
HCFX2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour View Post
Hmm.....When my truck had serious issues I was looking at 2012's...blowing off MFT because it sucks in the Focus....Yeah it's really great. I do have a video walkaround that I did on a 2013 a while back. I'll upload it to YT.
Cool man could you post the link when you do? I was already loving the ford interior and now they throw my ford touch in there it was icing on the cake. Honestly the interior was one of many things that made me jump ship to ford because Chevy's interior is bland.
SouthGaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
sharper4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,546
Thanked 90 Times in 71 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters_33 View Post
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Since I am thinking about making the jump from my '09 to a '12 or '13 with Nav I gotta ask----why do you think the MFT Nav is better than the Sony Nav?
I think the MFT is just a little fresher. Maybe it's because I'm used to the older unit, that's all. I just took some pics for comparitive purposes and honestly they're pretty alike:

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
2012 F150 SuperCrew FX2 with Ecoboost on 3.55 gears
LED Bedlights | Signal Mirror LEDs | AutoLock Tailgate Actuator | Custom BedSlide
Extang Solid Fold with Cargo Cleats
OEM Bed Mat with Tailgate Protector and Bed Extender
Blendmount for V1 with 8" .050 Invisicord using PIN1 / PIN4 for power
sharper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
Firefightin' FX4 Fan
 
Butters_33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,713
Thanked 109 Times in 92 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Looking at the 2012 Nav pics I think you're right when you say the new MFT is a little fresher. Not sure if that will make me get a 2013 but we'll see.
__________________
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0L V8 Coyote w/ Lux. Package, Nav. Package, Power Moonroof + Rigid Dually Spot x2, Rigid D2 Driving x2, OEM Power Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors, and more....

Alberta F-150s unite!!!!!!

Butters_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
JPCharmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 401
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

i think the dash on the 12's are much cleaner with the horizontally rowed buttons. i dont like how the buttons on the 13's are all clustered up together... just my .02
JPCharmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #20
FX4 Turbo Owner
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East of KC
Posts: 76
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

This screen is the primary reason I like the Sony Nav in my '12 FX4 better than the MFT in my wife's Edge. If you can do this with MFT--we haven't figured it out yet. I also like having the hard buttons as an option and the outside temperature on the upper right. MFT home screen just looks too much like a color etch-a-sketch to me and I've yet to run across a WOW feature on my wife's Edge MFT that I don't have on my Sony Nav.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
'12 Tux Black FX4 w/App Pkg, SCrew 145", EB, Nav, Moonroof, Black OEM HID's, Black & Chrome Ovals, LineX, Front Lower Grille, Tint, Bak Roll-X, DZ Bed Mat, DZ Tailgate Assist, CravenSpeed Stubby, BlendMount, Black Mirror Inserts, Black Exhaust Tip, Cargo Organizer, Hood Deflector, Custom EB Billet Badge...

Last edited by MOSOXFAN; 10-08-2012 at 09:35 PM.
MOSOXFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:33 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.