Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Quest to Shudder-Proof My '11

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 09:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My Quest to Shudder-Proof My '11

My '11 has 65k+ miles on it and has suffered from "the shudder" for the past 30k miles whenever I cruise for awhile on a long stretch of road and then accelerate. Roughly 25k miles ago I traded out the spark plugs for other plugs gapped at .03 and that did not cure the issue. So, instead of drilling into the factory intercooler, I just ordered the Full-Race intercooler along with the SCT X4 tuner with 5* tunes (GREAT tunes by the way) and I thought that took care of the issue, but it only fixed it for my driving in LA. Driving in Louisiana, the problem never surfaced, but today when I was driving in Mississippi coming back from Georgia, the shuddering came back, though it was at a considerably less amount than previous to the intercooler. So, even though the only mods to the truck are the intercooler and tuner, I'm looking at new plugs (other than the OEM brand) in a colder range gapped to .030 in hopes of fixing the issue.

Also, I must add that at idle, I have a strange sound that sounds like a rattle or vibration from the engine but I can't seem to locate it. I'll have to video it and upload it later, but I'm hoping that new plugs will cure that issue (yes, all clamps are tight on the intercooler piping).

The quest continues!

Thoughts? Anyone with an aftermarket intercooler and new plugs still suffer from periodic shuddering?

Quick Reply: My Quest to Shudder-Proof My '11