Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 2010 Ford F-150 XL 2WD Supercab Mod Adventure

Old 07-17-2016, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MY 2010 Ford F-150 XL 2WD Supercab Mod Adventure

Hello from Texas, Frisco texas that is. I'm getting a 2010 White Ford F-150 XL extended/supercab 2WD on the 28th of this month and I can't wait.

I'm a country girl so this baby will be my new toy. I have the option of getting a 4WD so, we will see what the initial outcome will be on the 28th of this month during the finalization of paperwork.

I'm going to mod this sucker and will need you guys to help me build it up with awesome suggestions. I will do some before and after pictures too. I paid off my Nissan Versa which I will use to commute back and forth to work, this truck will be my toy and great to haul my grandparents around and go fishing and trucking in.

Plan Mod:
  • Flowmaster super 10 cat-back system with magnaflow muffler.
  • 20" XD Hoss Gloss Black wheels
  • 275/55R20 31.9x10.8R20 (Nitto Terra Grappler G2)
    Trying to decide on a 3" or 6" lift kit possibly rough country
  • Adding side runner bars nerf 3'
  • Changing the grille
  • Adding a double din Jensen VX7020 w/ backup camera
  • JBL 2x 10" subwoofers
  • Tinted Windows

The following users liked this post:
jaster1138 (08-18-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 08:06 PM

Received 108 Likes on 59 Posts

can't wait to see the mods and speaking as someone who had a 2wd and went to a 4wd the 4wd is completely worth it not knocking the 2wd though it was a fantastic truck.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:13 PM

Default thanks Dylan

Originally Posted by DylanCulbreth
can't wait to see the mods and speaking as someone who had a 2wd and went to a 4wd the 4wd is completely worth it not knocking the 2wd though it was a fantastic truck.
I'm praying for a 4WD but it's what the budget and savings permits on the 28th of-course I could wait a little bit longer but my versa needs some love and tenderness. Struts and mounts replaces, sub frame, possibly master cylinder that it's going to put her down in the shops in the next couple of months.

While I leave it there to get repaired I will be needing a backup and I so happened to run across this boy. I would love a 4WD to go mudding in but please stick with me and give me some of your ideas too!!!
Old 07-17-2016, 08:23 PM

Received 108 Likes on 59 Posts

Absolutely feel free to ask me anything i had a build thread for my stx but i just gave that to my dad and bought myself an fx4 both are 2013s and ive done some suspension mods , lighting plan on doing a tune with a cai exhaust combo on the new truck since its an ecoboost .
Old 07-17-2016, 11:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Im the proud new owner of a 2010 white F150 2wd Scab.

Im also about to install the Jensen VX7020 with backup camera.

I bought the emblem camera from tailgatecamera.com.

With careful shopping I bought the VX7020, camera, install kit, antenna & wiring adapters for $397 shipped.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:45 AM

Default Nice camera Lizard

Originally Posted by Lizardking
Im the proud new owner of a 2010 white F150 2wd Scab.

Im also about to install the Jensen VX7020 with backup camera.

I bought the emblem camera from tailgatecamera.com.

With careful shopping I bought the VX7020, camera, install kit, antenna & wiring adapters for $397 shipped.
That camera is sweet. Looks to stick out a little bit further then the regular emblem. Still an awesome concept if my budget permits.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
F150 Forum

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Good luck with the purchase! If you have any questions when you begin modding, please let us know. We're always happy to help!
IISanitariumII (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 01:30 AM

Default For a cosmetically enhanced nose...

In addition to a new grille, you'll need an upper bumper valance, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-F150-FR...JWyreI&vxp=mtr

It's the piece that's between your bumper and grille, and may need to be painted to match. My bodyshop guy told me that the black textured piece on an XL cannot be painted without tons of sanding, which is cost prohibitive. If you're patient, you may find one in white; I know I've seen them there.

Your bumper itself is painted steel, so it can be re-painted to match the body color (like an STX or FX model), or replaced with chrome. Same for the rear bumper pieces out on the ends.

A great deal on nice leather seats for about $300 can be found here, and installed for about $400:
http://stores.ebay.com/autointeriors2015?_rdc=1
(I've been happy with mine)
Good luck.

Last edited by DashGash; 07-19-2016 at 01:37 AM.
IISanitariumII (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by DashGash
In addition to a new grille, you'll need an upper bumper valance, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-F150-FR...JWyreI&vxp=mtr

It's the piece that's between your bumper and grille, and may need to be painted to match. My bodyshop guy told me that the black textured piece on an XL cannot be painted without tons of sanding, which is cost prohibitive. If you're patient, you may find one in white; I know I've seen them there.

Your bumper itself is painted steel, so it can be re-painted to match the body color (like an STX or FX model), or replaced with chrome. Same for the rear bumper pieces out on the ends.

A great deal on nice leather seats for about $300 can be found here, and installed for about $400:
http://stores.ebay.com/autointeriors2015?_rdc=1
(I've been happy with mine)
Good luck.

These are great suggestions!! I love the leather seats. So if they are installed, the airbags will still be able to deploy properly in case of impact? Can you provide me with a picture of your setup too Dash?
Old 07-19-2016, 10:42 AM

I'm loving this thread and forum!! Keep your suggestions coming guys. I'm so happy something like this exists so i can share my excitement with others lol.

Dashgash the leather seat idea was brilliant and now I'm super stoked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY 2010 Ford F-150 XL 2WD Supercab Mod Adventure