Multi-function display reprogramming - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans
Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Multi-function display reprogramming

Old 01-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Multi-function display reprogramming

Hi,
I've installed an OEM backup camera and park assist system in my F150 2012 supercrew using all the correct wiring from Ford. But the dealer can't seem to re-flash it to add the functions under the driver assist menu in the multi-function display in the dash. I was told those options are build specific and tied to the VIN so there aren't any options to include the camera and park assist in a rebuild of the menu for my particular truck.
Has anyone figured out how to work around the VIN number limitations for the as built configuration if that is possible?
Thanks!
JackZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old 04-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZX View Post
Hi,
I've installed an OEM backup camera and park assist system in my F150 2012 supercrew using all the correct wiring from Ford. But the dealer can't seem to re-flash it to add the functions under the driver assist menu in the multi-function display in the dash. I was told those options are build specific and tied to the VIN so there aren't any options to include the camera and park assist in a rebuild of the menu for my particular truck.
Has anyone figured out how to work around the VIN number limitations for the as built configuration if that is possible?
Thanks!
Hello, did you ever figure out a way to get your dealer to program your clyster?
jchop30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchop30 View Post
Hello, did you ever figure out a way to get your dealer to program your clyster?
No, the dealer was going to check but never did call me back. I'm not sure I want them programming it if they aren't up on the changes since it might screw up something else. It would be nice to adjust the camera zoom and turn the backup sensors off when using our boat but it's been more useful than annoying.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:22 PM   #4
F-150 Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure the only way to go about doing this is purchasing a new gauge cluster that has not been used before and find a VIN# that has all the correct builds for the options that you have and have it programmed. I dont think they can be re-programmed after a VIN# has been associated with one.

-Mark
2011SuperCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZX View Post

No, the dealer was going to check but never did call me back. I'm not sure I want them programming it if they aren't up on the changes since it might screw up something else. It would be nice to adjust the camera zoom and turn the backup sensors off when using our boat but it's been more useful than annoying.
Yeah I know the feeling, atleast it works right. I'm just gonna purchase a cluster and have the mileage changed to the old one. Thanks
Old 04-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011SuperCrew View Post
I'm pretty sure the only way to go about doing this is purchasing a new gauge cluster that has not been used before and find a VIN# that has all the correct builds for the options that you have and have it programmed. I dont think they can be re-programmed after a VIN# has been associated with one.

-Mark
Yeah I figured that out the hard way yesterday. I tried to get the dealer to use the build data from a truck that had factory sensors/camera but they said they couldn't do it. But I'll give them credit they worked on it for half a day and didn't change me
Old 04-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #7

The AS BUILT code needs to be changed. The trouble is know which one to change and what to change it to.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchop30 View Post
Yeah I know the feeling, atleast it works right. I'm just gonna purchase a cluster and have the mileage changed to the old one. Thanks
Let me know how that works out. I'm surprised that you need to purchase a new cluster. The display is just programmed with a menu that displays options and those are selected by the VIN. I would think it as simple as turning on those features in the core software load. After talking with the dealer the problem is they are restricted by their programmer and probably lack of understanding how they code these trucks.
But as you say it does work fine and I've added the Nav system from the F250 so all's good!
Old 04-15-2015, 10:39 AM