Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moto Droid and Sync

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moto Droid and Sync

Droid comes out tomorrow. Hopefully it works well with Sync. First one to give a report on how compatible it is get big bonus points!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
sig

I have to wait until my one year is up to get the droid. I will be getting it on the 8th of Dec. So if no one has a report by then I will put one on.

I'm sure people will have a report before that though.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:40 PM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

It's the Google Android operating system on the phone, same as mine on my HTC Hero. Works well with SYNC.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are Bonus points like Schrute Bucks?

Follow your sync guidelines in the book provided...but basically while in truck with engine running, hit the phone icon, then upp down arrows to add a device, select ok, a pin will show up on the dash...

on your droid, go to settings, wireless network connections, bluetooth (turn it on), then blue tooth connection, discoverable, then back to bluetooth, find the sync icon, type in the pin, and VOILA...

haven't gotten too fancy yet, but i can call and such.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Royally Screwed
Are Bonus points like Schrute Bucks?

Follow your sync guidelines in the book provided...but basically while in truck with engine running, hit the phone icon, then upp down arrows to add a device, select ok, a pin will show up on the dash...

on your droid, go to settings, wireless network connections, bluetooth (turn it on), then blue tooth connection, discoverable, then back to bluetooth, find the sync icon, type in the pin, and VOILA...

haven't gotten too fancy yet, but i can call and such.
Thanks for the initial feedback!! You earned 10 bonus points
Interested to know if you can download your contacts and if text messaging works! Please report back for more bonus points!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:11 PM

Default Droid F-150

I have 2009 F-150 King Ranch and have had the new Moto Droid 4 days now. It works great with the sync. Had LG before every time I started truck had to OK with phone. With the Droid I leave it in my pocket start my truck and away I go. All features work great on Sync.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by jagfire7
I have 2009 F-150 King Ranch and have had the new Moto Droid 4 days now. It works great with the sync. Had LG before every time I started truck had to OK with phone. With the Droid I leave it in my pocket start my truck and away I go. All features work great on Sync.
Thanks for the feedback, do you know what version of sync you are running on your truck. I saw a post on the syncmyride site yesterday that someone had some problems with Sync 2.0 and the droid. Also when you say all features does that include text messaging?
Thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to know if the texts work with this phone also. I am thinking about dumping my iPhone 3gs for it.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by speed4tu
I would like to know if the texts work with this phone also. I am thinking about dumping my iPhone 3gs for it.
I just saw some updates on the syncmyride site and they are saying it will not do text messages.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:21 AM

Default Droid F-150

I have Sync 2.0 and will do the new update today Sync 2.1. I don't know if text works, didn't try it but Truck won't let you when it's moving anyway. It does download entire phonebook, media muisic works good, does everything I want. A big plus is the Verizon network.

Quick Reply: Moto Droid and Sync