Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Module programming question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 05:45 PM
It's All Good!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Module programming question

I have a 2014 F150 XLT with the 3.7L non-eco boost engine.
Here's my question to one of the experts out there.
When enabling or programming the OEM trailer brake control module on this vehicle, does it program or adjust the variables in the ECM or does it enable this device in one of the other control modules on the vehicle such as the BDM (body control module)?
I am asking this question because a tuner/programmer I have purchased requires that "THE" stock tune in the vehicle be saved, but when I have attempted this, it verifies and errors saying it is not a stock tune. I am attempting to determine if the programming or enabling of this tbcm has effected the stock tune or was the stock tune changed or adjusted before I purchased the vehicle as a demo with 8000 miles on it.
Both the place I purchased the tuner and the manufacture tech departments have been very helpful as well as my local Ford dealer but due to vacation schedules I'm having a bit of delays in getting answers from them at this moment as they are down to one elect. tech and he is swamped. Thought I might post it up here as there are some extremely informative people on here.
The tuner is a Superchips Flashpaq 1842.

The dealer has agreed to flash the truck back to the stock tune but can't get in for 10 days.

I do have the option of attempting to flash the truck back to stock on my own with help but.... want to know if the trailer brake control module is or is not involved.

thanks

Quick Reply: Module programming question