Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MFT (Sync) 3.7 issues, oh joy

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:11 PM
ZDH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry MFT (Sync) 3.7 issues, oh joy

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. I am Hoping someone may have an idea on a situation I am currently encountering.

I appear to have made the grave mistake of updating the Gen 2 MFT Sync to the 3.7 release in my 14 F150 FX4 and am now experiencing quite a frustrating issue.

When I go into reverse from main 2x2 screen and then switch to drive or park, the touch screen stays locked on the cell phone screen and no touch input is accepted. No access to any controls and does not change back to the main 2x2 screen.

I have tried the master reset and that fixed for a few days, but it has returned. This is not really something I want to do weekly.

Any one else experience these issues or perhaps how I can drop it back to the 3.6.2 version. My assumption is, it will require a trip to the dealer, but worth a shot to see others possible solution.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:00 PM
ZDH

I doubt it, but could this have something to do with APIM recall?
Old 03-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by ZDH
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. I am Hoping someone may have an idea on a situation I am currently encountering.

I appear to have made the grave mistake of updating the Gen 2 MFT Sync to the 3.7 release in my 14 F150 FX4 and am now experiencing quite a frustrating issue.

When I go into reverse from main 2x2 screen and then switch to drive or park, the touch screen stays locked on the cell phone screen and no touch input is accepted. No access to any controls and does not change back to the main 2x2 screen.

I have tried the master reset and that fixed for a few days, but it has returned. This is not really something I want to do weekly.

Any one else experience these issues or perhaps how I can drop it back to the 3.6.2 version. My assumption is, it will require a trip to the dealer, but worth a shot to see others possible solution.
Hey ZDH,

The master reset is the best troubleshooting step I am able to recommend over the forum. Since this didn't seem to get your system running smoothly again, I recommend having your dealership take a look.

Kim
Old 03-18-2015, 01:58 AM
ZDH

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey ZDH,

The master reset is the best troubleshooting step I am able to recommend over the forum. Since this didn't seem to get your system running smoothly again, I recommend having your dealership take a look.

Kim
Hi Kim,

I have scheduled a service appointment for this Saturday, hopefully they can resolve it. Will post updates after word. Thank you for your help.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by ZDH
Hi Kim,

I have scheduled a service appointment for this Saturday, hopefully they can resolve it. Will post updates after word. Thank you for your help.
You're welcome. Awesome! I'm sure you'll be in great hands!

Kim
Old 03-18-2015, 09:18 PM

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey ZDH,

Kim

Master reset (insert gun to head here)...typical windows product...reboot!

Good thing they don't build airplanes like this...uh...landing gear? we didn't test that...
The following users liked this post:
Mattthecat (04-06-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just noticed I don't any text on it how do I fix it on sync
Old 03-18-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 330 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by ZDH

did the syncmyride site tell you that there was an update for your system. I have a 13 FX4 with MFT and it says mine is up to date at the 3.6.2...
Old 03-18-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 168 Likes on 156 Posts

ZDH, I just erased 3.6.2 from the thumb drive I had it on, but someone probably has it yet. They could down load it to file and send it to you here. I'm sure that would fix your problem.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:46 PM

Received 168 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Shockwave88
I just noticed I don't any text on it how do I fix it on sync

Check your phone here for compatibility.

http://m.ford.com/technology/sync/sy...bility-success

Quick Reply: MFT (Sync) 3.7 issues, oh joy