Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default May trade, how much?

I am currently driving a 2012 scab FX4 eco. Local dealer has the same truck with the following differences:
It is a screw 2012, appearance pkg, sun roof, navigation and 5000 more miles than mine. We both have leather, 20" wheels, factory running boards, mine does have a bed liner and tonneau cover. I would like to have the screw rather than the scab and I like black rather than the red I have now. So what do you think it will cost me to trade?
redrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrebel View Post
I am currently driving a 2012 scab FX4 eco. Local dealer has the same truck with the following differences:
It is a screw 2012, appearance pkg, sun roof, navigation and 5000 more miles than mine. We both have leather, 20" wheels, factory running boards, mine does have a bed liner and tonneau cover. I would like to have the screw rather than the scab and I like black rather than the red I have now. So what do you think it will cost me to trade?
Go to www.galves.com and find out the wholesale/trade price of your truck. On the east coast galves is ALL the dealers use to F*&^ the buyer. Doing what you are doing in my opinion is not a good idea. If you have to have a screw so badly then go for a 2013 and get rebates and such and other incentives. May work out better for you but remember, you will lose money no matter what you do.
Sitedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sitedrifter For This Useful Post:
Wanted33 (05-19-2013)
Old 05-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #3

My bet is 5-6 grand out of your pocket. Screw is in higher demand for one thing plus I think the nav is a 2500 option roof a grand and the appearance pkg I think is a good 1500 plus the cost of a screw compared to a supercab. They won't give you a dime for the cover so you might as well take it off and sell it. Good luck
magblue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitedrifter View Post
Go to www.galves.com and find out the wholesale/trade price of your truck. On the east coast galves is ALL the dealers use to F*&^ the buyer. Doing what you are doing in my opinion is not a good idea. If you have to have a screw so badly then go for a 2013 and get rebates and such and other incentives. May work out better for you but remember, you will lose money no matter what you do.
Yea, I know it will cost me and that is the question, buy 2013 or consider the 2012?
If I could do it for 5-6 K I would. My guess is twice that.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If you're trying to get out as cheap as possible, consider selling yours out right and then buy. You can get free numbers without paying for them through NADA, KBB and edmunds.
c-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #6

Why don't you talk to the dealer and ask how much it would cost to trade up?
FX4UpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #7

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-one View Post
If you're trying to get out as cheap as possible, consider selling yours out right and then buy.
I sold my 06 outright before buying my '11. There are pros and cons of doing this. By not trading I had to pay sales tax on $33.5k. If I had traded my old truck towards the new truck I would have only paid sales tax on $14k.

1992 Bronco

NASSTY

Last edited by NASSTY; 05-18-2013 at 10:20 AM.
NASSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #8

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrebel View Post
First question. Is your 12 paid off? I'm guessing so. But just in case. :-)
packplantpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #9

I'm guessing the super crew would be worth around $4k more on the used market than the supercab, all other things being equal. Just because its a super crew. I'm also guessing they'll ask for yours plus $10k. And take yours plus $8k or a little less if you push. Just curious if I get close to their numbers. As said earlier, might come out better on a new model with all the rebates.
News in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by News in View Post
I'm guessing the super crew would be worth around $4k more on the used market than the supercab, all other things being equal. Just because its a super crew. I'm also guessing they'll ask for yours plus $10k. And take yours plus $8k or a little less if you push. Just curious if I get close to their numbers. As said earlier, might come out better on a new model with all the rebates.
I think your dead on, about 8-10 K difference. I'll stop in next week and see what they will trade for. I'm not sure I want to know, I love the truck I have and don't need to trade but if I was, this is the truck with the changes I would want. I hate the doors on the scab and I always have loved black.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:44 AM