Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 01:52 AM
Ford Fanatic

Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Magnuson Superchargers

Does Magnuson offer a kit for the 5.0 f150's anymore? Can't seem to find them offered anymore. I know of 2 members on here that have them and viewed there thread, but it is a pretty old thread, back in 2013. Stage3 did offer it at one time I guess, but not on there site. Just curious as to why they are no longer available/hard to locate. Thank you.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.6Intruder
Does Magnuson offer a kit for the 5.0 f150's anymore? Can't seem to find them offered anymore. I know of 2 members on here that have them and viewed there thread, but it is a pretty old thread, back in 2013. Stage3 did offer it at one time I guess, but not on there site. Just curious as to why they are no longer available/hard to locate. Thank you.
Don't know that they ever made one for a truck, the one for the Mustang should fit though.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't believe they offer the kit anymore. They were being closed out when I bought mine and Mechanicboy as well. Magnuson is real big in GM stuff but not so much on blue oval products. I have had my kit on for 30k miles. It could use some fine tuning but runs very well. Regardless of manufacturer, supercharging is the way to go if you can afford it.
The following users liked this post:
4.6Intruder (09-26-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Ford Fanatic

Originally Posted by azdriver
I don't believe they offer the kit anymore. They were being closed out when I bought mine and Mechanicboy as well. Magnuson is real big in GM stuff but not so much on blue oval products. I have had my kit on for 30k miles. It could use some fine tuning but runs very well. Regardless of manufacturer, supercharging is the way to go if you can afford it.
That's what I was afraid of. You and Mechanicboy were the two I was referring to. Wonder why they did such a short run? I liked the Magnuson because of the price factor and I wouldn't get the full potential from the roush and whipple since I do not want to run a lot of boost. I like the whipple more than the roush, but 7+ grand is a little steep. Gotta pay to play though I guess.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:16 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, some of the other kits are approaching twice what I paid. The Magnuson kit provides more than enough power for my 2wd truck. The issue is hooking it. I have made some changes and now the truck will launch with minimal wheel spin. I may have given up some top end but I will never test out the max speed anyway. I contacted Procharger before buying my kit and they told me they had no plans on making a kit. 6 months later it came out..... I would lean that way if I had it to do again. I realize everyone has a budget and maybe a supercharger kit is a big nut but bolt on parts can approach the cost of a base kit and will never approach the same power level unless nitrous is involved. Can't beat the ease of install. Took about 6-7 hours complete.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Ford Fanatic

I keep going back and forth on Prochargers and what kit would be best for me. I'd like to keep it somewhat safe, but still want to get the most of it. The HO kit is a bit cheaper, but doesn't have as much gains as the stage 2. Part of me thinks if I am going to pay for one these, better off going with the stage 2. It would be around 6100 from mpt with there tuner kit, custom tune, and 60lb injectors. Not much cheaper than the roush, but add a required custom tune then its in the 7 grand neighborhood. Just a lot to consider.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I am contemplating a procharger. My buddy has done a few of them at his shop and really likes them. However, he has not put one on an f150 yet. Mine might be the first. I can't figure why someone would go with the HO kit instead of the stage 2, the difference is only around $500.

Quick Reply: Magnuson Superchargers