Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow #16520 on 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Magnaflow #16520 on 5.4

I recently installed a Magnaflow dual rear exit kit. Install was fairly easy and I love the sound. It is a low rumble that really sounds good when you get on it, but it is a more modern sound than my old American Thunder on my 2001.

The only issue I had was that the back hanger braces are supposed to be attached with panel clips but there is no second hole to put the bolt through. So, at this point I see my only options to weld the hanger bracket on or to drill a second hole in the frame to put the bolt through. I figured if anyone had any input on this I would ask. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:37 PM
F150 Forum

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Hi Mtro, first off, thank you for choosing Magnaflow, and we're happy to hear that you love the sound. Here are the steps from our installation guide which may help you:

"The hanger brackets are to be mounted to existing holes in the frame using the supplied bolts and panel nuts as shown in figure 2 and 3. The panel nuts are to be clipped into the holes in the frame above the tailpipe hangers."

To view the full installation instructions with pictures, please see the following: http://www.magnaflow.com/installsheets/16520.pdf
Old 07-27-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Magna_Flow
Hi Mtro, first off, thank you for choosing Magnaflow, and we're happy to hear that you love the sound. Here are the steps from our installation guide which may help you:

"The hanger brackets are to be mounted to existing holes in the frame using the supplied bolts and panel nuts as shown in figure 2 and 3. The panel nuts are to be clipped into the holes in the frame above the tailpipe hangers."

To view the full installation instructions with pictures, please see the following: http://www.magnaflow.com/installsheets/16520.pdf
There is only one "existing hole" on each side. To use panel clips you need two "existing holes" on each side.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow #16520 on 5.4