Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Love the truck - HATE THE SQUEAKS - HELP!

Hi Folks.

For the most part, I love my 2010 Supercrew XLT 4X4, but I am being driven NUTS by the squeaks and rattles! My passenger seat, like many people I've read about on this forum, squeaks like a loud mouse whenever you hit any bump in the road. Constant on the snow covered roads where I live. Worse are the squeaks coming from my front dash. It started about a month after I got the truck. Sounded like something rattling in the defrost vent on the passenger side from time to time, again it happened when there would be a bump in the road. Now there is incessant squeaking coming from in the dash, like a nest of mice squealing. Drives me insane. Because it is not a rattle, but a squeaking sound, I am wondering if it is some type of rubberized material on a contact surface (windshield maybe?) that is causing this, as opposed to a piece of hard plastic.

I would love to hear about any similar experiences and subsequent resolutions.

Thanks.

PS: I fought the oil filter and won by a tko. She was tight, but steady pressure from the underside of the truck held the day.
sns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #2

I hunted down my rattle ( Drove me nuts) and even though it sounded like the dash, it was actually the hood hinge rubbing against some black styrofoam on the passenger side. I put a little grease where the hinge was touching the styrofoam and now I have peace and quiet. Hope the helps.
Beefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #3

Default Rear window Squeaks

I have a '10 Lariat Plus with 10k miles and the rear window squeaks really bad. I tracked it down because when the window is open no squeaks. Even if I just take the pressure off and "crack" the window open it goes away. I'm not sure if a little bit of silicone grease would be a good idea or not, but I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say.

Any other ideas about the rear window squeaking?
skybum02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #4

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybum02 View Post
I have a '10 Lariat Plus with 10k miles and the rear window squeaks really bad. I tracked it down because when the window is open no squeaks. Even if I just take the pressure off and "crack" the window open it goes away. I'm not sure if a little bit of silicone grease would be a good idea or not, but I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say.

use the search feature, im pretty sure I saw a thread about this and some sort of TSB on how to fix it, pretty sure it was this forum. Ive never noticed this issue on my 10 lariat however.
2010 F150 Lariat Screw 5.4L 4X4 3.55 LS rear end 6.5' bed with side bedsteps, Sony sound w/Touchscreen nav, loaded. Mods/Addons: AliArc Grill Guard, Stampede bug deflector, EGR window shades, Ezee down tailgate assist, Amp Research tailgate bed step, Mirror reflectors to turn signals, Truxedo Deuce cover, Underseat storage box, Recon Extreme Scanning Tailgate Lightbar, Gotts mod, LED Smoked Tails, LED Lighted F150 Door Sills, 24" Helos
SultanGris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #5

sns2,

I have a 2010 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4 with the same problems your describing. After trying to figure it out myself, I took it into the dealership and had one of the service reps take a look for TSBs for this issue. He found none. So if anyone knows of any, please share - I would be grateful to know of any.

If I can find a solution, I will post back.

Good luck.
Ottawavalleylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
Okie Coupe
5 Year Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to shortride

Quote:

I know how to fix it.

You probably have the passenger seat adjusted all of the way back and it only squeaks when nobody is sitting in it. Move it forward about 2 to 3 notches.
shortride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
I hunted down my rattle ( Drove me nuts) and even though it sounded like the dash, it was actually the hood hinge rubbing against some black styrofoam on the passenger side. I put a little grease where the hinge was touching the styrofoam and now I have peace and quiet. Hope the helps.
Thanks, buddy! In a fit of squeak induced rage last night I took out the silicone spray lube and doused those pieces of styrofoam. Squeaks are gone!!! Mice must hate that spray because it sounded like there were millions of them in there As for the passenger seat, I moved the position of the seat and it seems to be okay, but the dealer needs to do a permanent fix. My guess is just a bit of lube required there too.

Now I'm back to loving my F150. For a while there I was regretting buying her, and for a few seconds was even wishing I bought a Tundra. Then I came out of the trance.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #8

Quote:

My drivers window in the '06 Odyssey did that since day one and is still doing it. The dealer did everything except replace the door and the glass. Door was adjusted, , door and window seals replaced, window adjusted, window travel adjusted. Still have it and it is right by the driver's ear. ANNOYING. Silicone grease lasts as long as it stays there and it is probably the glass chaffing the seal.

Ric
ric_no_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Thanks, buddy! In a fit of squeak induced rage last night I took out the silicone spray lube and doused those pieces of styrofoam. Squeaks are gone!!! Mice must hate that spray because it sounded like there were millions of them in there As for the passenger seat, I moved the position of the seat and it seems to be okay, but the dealer needs to do a permanent fix. My guess is just a bit of lube required there too.

Now I'm back to loving my F150. For a while there I was regretting buying her, and for a few seconds was even wishing I bought a Tundra. Then I came out of the trance.
Glad it worked... I felt your pain. This is my first Ford and the noise had me seriously second guessing my decision.
Beefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
Glad it worked... I felt your pain. This is my first Ford and the noise had me seriously second guessing my decision.
Thanks again. My wife thinks I'm obssessive-compulsive about squeaks and rattles, but $40k trucks should not be squeaking and rattling a month after you drive them off the lot. Man, it sounded like they were in the dash behind the airbag.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:45 PM