Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lids & Liners? Soft, Hard, Fiberglass? Spray On or Lay-in? Why? Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 04:28 PM
T-Town Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lids & Liners? Soft, Hard, Fiberglass? Spray On or Lay-in? Why? Pics?

I did a lot of research on lids and liners after I bought this '09 KR. I had a UnderCover lid on my '04 Lariat...and loved it. I had a Rhino liner on my '04 Lariat...and loved it. The '04 Lariat I had was Bright Red Metallic with a lot of black trim, so the black Rhino and black UnderCover looked good with all the other black trim I had on that truck. I just like red and black...and always thought it looked good. Like Texas Tech's uniforms.

And, I probably would've bought the same again if I'd bought a different color truck. Except I might've gone with a BakFlip...since I just like that style.

However, this Royal Red KR has very little black on it and I finally decided, after much debate, that I needed a fiberglass lid painted Royal Red to really make this truck pop. And, that fiberglass lid had to be light enough for my wife and I to remove it...and I wanted the lowest profile I could find. No offense, but personally I just do not like the looks of the hump-backed lids. So, I finally decided on a SnugLid...due to it being the lowest profile fiberglass lid on the market, and it only weighs about 100 lbs.

And, after all I'd read about the BedRug, I just wanted to try it. After all, it's not a permanent thing like a spray-on, and won't damage your bed like a laid-in plastic...and if I want to change to a spray-on later on down the road, it won't be a big deal. I also like the carpet look and it matches the lining of the SnugLid.

So, there's my reasons and here's a few pics. Also, check out my albums for more pics. What are your reasons? And where are your pics?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:57 PM

I picked up a Snuglid also. I is disturbing how many people on here pay $25-$50k for a truck and then stick a $250 lid on it. Makes the whole truck look trashy. I have the SL series installed.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:11 PM

Both trucks look amazing with the lids on them. May I ask where you purchased them from as I'm in the market for one as we speak?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:16 PM
T-Town Member

bigdippin, go to SnugLid's site and put in your zip code to find a dealer near you. I live in the boonies, and the closest dealer to me was about 2 1/2 hours away. However, after calling them, I found out they had a sub-dealer of theirs in my town of Texarkana, AR/TX. So, I ordered it, and they said 3-4 weeks...and it came in in 2 weeks.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:23 PM

I might take some heat for this, but what is the point of the lids? Why not just buy an Explorer/Expedition with flat folding seats. You would have the same amount of room available but with much easier access to it.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by miztigerszou52
I might take some heat for this, but what is the point of the lids? Why not just buy an Explorer/Expedition with flat folding seats. You would have the same amount of room available but with much easier access to it.
Okay, are you really asking this question?

They are two totally different vehicles. They look completely different. They ride different, the comfort is different towing ability, hauling ability, option choice and the F150 has more room in the front and rear. I can't believe you asked this... Lmao!
Old 08-14-2009, 05:32 PM
T-Town Member

And, it would be kinda hard to take the back of an Expedition off to use it as a truck.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Just another member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger
I is disturbing how many people on here pay $25-$50k for a truck and then stick a $250 lid on it. Makes the whole truck look trashy.

Well excuuuuuse me !To each their own. Its a free country. Please don't be distrurbed with what we do. ;-) Thanks

Last edited by johnwill; 08-14-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Do Work

Very nice lid. What do they run $$?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:11 PM

Looks great on both rides!!!!!

Quick Reply: Lids & Liners? Soft, Hard, Fiberglass? Spray On or Lay-in? Why? Pics?