I am not sure if this is posted here anywhere or not so I will post. (Mods feel free to merge or remove its this is a dupe.)
I recently went down the road a full LED conversion on my 2011 F150 XLT. From the get go I was against the idea of load resistors as that defeats the purpose. You get the same (if not worse) heat and the same power draw. I searched and found a FORD SVE Bulletin that deals specifically with LEDs and hyper flashing. There is a setting in the BCM to turn off the lamp outage indicator (hyper flashing). I took my truck in to the dealership and it took them less than 5 minutes to make the change. (if your local dealership is dumb - print out the bulletin and bring it to them.) It cost me 1/2 hour of labor. Worth every penny in my book as opposed to modifying stock wiring.
Lamp Outage Programming
1. Ensure that the IDS is updated to 67.03 Database
2. Select "Module Programming"
3. Select "Programmable Parameters"
4. Select "Exterior Lighting"
5. Select "Lamp Outage"
6. Select "Lamp Outage Turned Off"
Notes: 1. Reconfiguration of the BCM to accommodate LED lighting is not covered by Ford warranty.
2. FMVSS 108 / CMVSS 108 compliance (with specific regard to the turn signal bulb outage requirement per this bulletin) is the responsibility of the Final Stage Manufacturer