Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED HyperFlash comes and goes !??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Ford Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LED HyperFlash comes and goes !??

Installed a set of LED bulbs into my front turn signals today, and as expected I have a hyper flash. The weird part is that the hyper flash only lasts after signaling 3 or 4 times then it flashes normally. It's done the same thing after getting out of the truck and back in three times today. I plan on doing the resistor fix one day this week when I get the time, but I'm curious as to why the hyper flash is only temporary ? I know there's no flash relay in these trucks, but it's almost like the computer figures out the lights aren't out.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man I have had this same problem for a few months but mine only hyper flashes when my lights are on! Let me know what and how your fix works please.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:14 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Turfguy
Man I have had this same problem for a few months but mine only hyper flashes when my lights are on! Let me know what and how your fix works please.
Mine did the same thing, the cure is to install load resistors. I bought a pair of these https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...g-fix/190/831/

You need one for each side, .. word to the wise, bolt them to the sheet metal behind the headlights so they can dissipate the heat better.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:37 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I installed some Spyder LED taillights and everything was great for 2 weeks. Then 2 days ago, I installed an HID conversion kit using oem ballasts, harness and bulbs. The next evening after driving around all day my turn signals started hyper flashing. The weird thing is that they only hyper flash when I apply the brakes. Even weirder than that, it doesn't do it all the time. And sometimes it will start out blinking normal then hyper flash a few times, then back to normal... Just keeps alternating. The only consistent thing about it is that it only does this when the brake pedal is pressed. I can go half the day with no problems, then all of a sudden it starts doing it. Any ideas???

Quick Reply: LED HyperFlash comes and goes !??