Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katzkin...backseat mostly vinyl...not impressed

Old 08-27-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Katzkin...backseat mostly vinyl...not impressed

I recently purchased a set of Katzkin gray "leather" seats, and will do my own install.

I've started with the rear seat (SCREW)...After inspecting the rear Katzkin, I'm really not impressed. There's a great deal of vinyl, and not much leather.

I was expecting the entire seating surface and back to be leather (basically where your body touches), but that's not the case. There's a small center section of leather in the back and a small center section of leather in the bottom. Otherwise, it's all vinyl.

Basically, in the backseat, most of your body will be on vinyl, and a little bit will be on leather.

The front seats are what you would expect - leather on the seating surface and vinyl on the sides and back.

The headrest covers are all vinyl, which is fine.

I'm just throwing this out there to help set expectations for anyone else considering Katzkins.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:56 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by StanF
I recently purchased a set of Katzkin gray "leather" seats, and will do my own install.

I've started with the rear seat (SCREW)...After inspecting the rear Katzkin, I'm really not impressed. There's a great deal of vinyl, and not much leather.

I was expecting the entire seating surface and back to be leather (basically where your body touches), but that's not the case. There's a small center section of leather in the back and a small center section of leather in the bottom. Otherwise, it's all vinyl.

Basically, in the backseat, most of your body will be on vinyl, and a little bit will be on leather.

The front seats are what you would expect - leather on the seating surface and vinyl on the sides and back.

The headrest covers are all vinyl, which is fine.

I'm just throwing this out there to help set expectations for anyone else considering Katzkins.

How did you manage to buy a set when they only sell to authorized installers? I'd like to get a set because I know how to install them but they won't sell outright.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:00 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
How did you manage to buy a set when they only sell to authorized installers? I'd like to get a set because I know how to install them but they won't sell outright.
Ebay...
Old 08-27-2015, 06:08 PM

Received 328 Likes on 242 Posts

Same thing here, they were not very good when i bought them 2006ish
Old 08-27-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddman34
Ebay...
Little leery of ebay, might be counterfeit. I emailed the company directly to get a definitive answer. But if the op has a connection I'd like to know.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you go to their website and poke around you can build your own covers. When you do so you can pick how much leather the back seat has. You just got their lower end covers.
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (08-28-2015)
Old 08-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

I would look into the Classic Soft trim seats. A buddy of mine prefers using CST over Katzkin and told me he thinks their quality is better overall.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
eBay - cost was right at $575 with shipping. It came in a Katzkin box, and everything looks legit.

One other note...they throw in a fairly large piece of vinyl, about 2'x2', which I think is for the middle front seat console lid.

Luckily, I have the factory console, or else I would be complaining about that piece too.
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (08-28-2015)
Old 08-28-2015, 07:42 AM

I sent an inquiry to the eBay seller, and this is the reply that I got:

"These covers do have more leather in them then the factory leather covers that come in the F150 from the factory, the back seat factory leather seat covers in the F150 are all vinyl while katzkin has leather inserts and the rest is vinyl."

Is this true? Is the factory rear seat all vinyl????
Old 08-28-2015, 07:43 AM

Received 136 Likes on 119 Posts

They are Katzkins product sold on ebay for the DIY'r but read the following printed on the bottom of the ad and you'll see they are a combo of Leather / Vinyl.

"This is Brand New complete set of Leather seat Cover Interior. This is to upgrade your vehicle’s factory cloth seats to leather or simply want to replace a worn factory leather interior. This is the same kit that is installed at the dealership when the customer wants the leather interior. These leather interior packages are sold in a combination of leather and matching vinyl."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Katzkin...backseat mostly vinyl...not impressed