Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Adarac rack w/ Bakflip

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just installed Adarac rack w/ Bakflip

I had been searching for truck rack that would work with my Bakflip cover but have been unable to find anything. All of the racks I could find either required you to drill into the bed (which I wasn't willing to do) or to install a clamp around the top rail of the bed, which wouldn't allow me to use the bakflip.

I found the Agricover Adarac at 4 Wheel Parts and decided to give it a try. I liked it because it mounted into plates that you slide into the stake pockets. It took forever to come in (almost 6 weeks), but I got it yesterday and installed it last night. This thing is build very solid. I could tell right away because the box it came in was really freaking heavy. All of the parts are made out of really thick steel.

Once installation was complete, I tried to open the bakflip cover. At first I couldn't do it, because the first panel hit the rack uprights when I tried to flip it up. However, after fiddling with it a bit, I discovered that I could still open the bakflip, but I had to kind of slide the second panel forward a bit and open it like an accordian. It turns out that the bakflip is actually now more secure, because a thief would have to fiddle with it a while before figuring out how to open it.

The only thing I don't like are the rails that mount along the top of the bed. I've looked at the system and figure I might even be able to cut the rails and keep a short piece installed right where the uprights are. I'm not sure I'll even do this, as I plan to remove the rack when I'm not using it to haul kayaks.

Here are some pics:

Name:  IMG_5272.jpg
Views: 2441
Size:  132.1 KB

Here is how to open the Bakflip with the Adarac in place:

Old 09-25-2011, 04:14 PM

no pics
Old 09-25-2011, 04:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is also compatible with the Peragon bed covers. I really like the look of the Adarac rack. Looks really good. Sporty looking.
The following users liked this post:
Agri-Cover, Inc. (08-21-2014)
Old 09-25-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great info, Thx! I was wondering if this rack would work with a BakFlip.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 PM

Anyone have any pics of the Peragon bed cover with Adarac? Just ordered both and I see the pics that they give me of this combo. Just wondered if anyone could go into detail as to what they did to move the rail out. Did they modify the rail slots? I suppose I could just wait to see when they get here but who likes to wait anyway?

Quick Reply: Just installed Adarac rack w/ Bakflip