Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Completed Significant Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Just Completed Significant Mods

Well, got my truck back last Friday and I am pleased with the results. I recently went from being a flat lander near sea level to living at 8000 feet in Colorado. I had larger tires and 3.55 rear end with the Coyote motor and 2nd gear was too tall even with the stock tires. I had warped rotors at 13k miles, lugging in gear and driveline vibration at takeoff. Mods included

1. Air Raid CAI
2. Livewire TS with customer tunes from MPT
3. Powerstop Discs and Pads at all four corners
4. Hellig sway bars front and back
5. F-150 Lifts full lift system set at about 2.5 inches
6. 4.56 gears.

The difference is night and day. I know that was a lot of changes at once and one could make the argument that it is hard to slice and dice given the changes. In the aggregate they made all the world of difference. Truck does not lug any gear and is always in the appropriate gear with the ability to accelerate even on steep inclines. Shifts are mostly smooth and immediate. No more mashing the throttle. The ride is firm and solid but no harsh. The wallowing that was there with the stock suspension is gone but it is nowhere near harsh. The brakes have broken in and it stops very well with decent initial bit that is not harsh and then a very nice progressive stopping power that easily ramps up if get more into the pedal. Handling is superb, easily the best handling truck I have ever owned and frankly handling better than some cars I have owned. My wife's 2015 Expedition EL with the magnetic suspension even on the Sport setting feels floaty by comparison. I have the tire height and gears programmed into the TS and mileage seems only slightly worse but I need to give it some time for my driving to average out.

It was not cheap especially since I paid someone to wrench for me. But I have NO regrets on getting it done and the aggregate of the changes make me feel like I have a new truck, one that should have come from the factory - but that is a whole other discussion.

Quick Reply: Just Completed Significant Mods