Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jl cleensweep or audiocontrol Lcq-1

Old 04-17-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Jl cleensweep or audiocontrol Lcq-1

Need help choosing a processor for my headunit. I've researched but get mixed results. Some say audiocontrol has a hiss to it, others say the clean sweep doesn't do any good.

I have so far a jl 750/1 amp, c3-650 component speakers for the front, a 400/4 jl amp still need more audio stuff but for the most part that's what I have. May get another set of components for the rear

Any help is appreciated
Old 04-17-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

depends on the system you have sony system with the amp or base system with nothing amping it internally? makes a bit of a difference. Overall I'd go audiocontrol. I've got the sony system so am still debating about the LC8i (no need for an EQ as the stock amp is already doing that) and taking the signal post amp, or the EQS and taking the signal PRE-amp and using the EQS for the equalization. as far as the audiocontrol stuff causing noise, it depends on the application and installation. not all products work for every application.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by torinalth
depends on the system you have sony system with the amp or base system with nothing amping it internally? makes a bit of a difference. Overall I'd go audiocontrol. I've got the sony system so am still debating about the LC8i (no need for an EQ as the stock amp is already doing that) and taking the signal post amp, or the EQS and taking the signal PRE-amp and using the EQS for the equalization. as far as the audiocontrol stuff causing noise, it depends on the application and installation. not all products work for every application.
Yes sorry for leaving that out. I too have the Sony system in my truck.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Audison Bit 1
Old 04-17-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Not a bad option. Though a touch expensive. Actually. that style makes more sense in general. I think I'm going to go with a previously eliminated option and go with the JBL MS-8, which is the same principle and will fix the issues with stock amp. The Bitone is a veri nice piece, if not a touch expensive.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I run the audiocontrol and it has been great with a bass control ****. Sounds good once you get it dialed in.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Firedaniel
I run the audiocontrol and it has been great with a bass control ****. Sounds good once you get it dialed in.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm really leaning towards the jl, I just don't know what to purchase to be quite honest lol plus it's a bit pricier.

The audiocontrol is easier to access locally for me for only $200.

Thanks for the input
Old 04-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Master FORD tech

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

I recently installed the Jl cleansweep DSP to replace a cheap scosche LOC I had previously, best upgrade I could have done to my sound system. While I can't give advice on the the other DSPs you mentioned I can tell you about the JL.

I've heard someone say on this forum that the Jl ssi is needed for our truck but I found it is not needed and confirmed by JL.

The install was very easy and the cleansweep programmed with no issues.

There is a slight hiss heard when the radio volume is turned down. This is why they recommend you use the supplied volume **** instead of the vehicles volume controls.

I personally rather use the factory volume controls so I deal with the hissing. If the volume is at a level where audio is heard through the speakers the hiss is non-existent.

I'm almost certain this would be the case with any DSP that has an external master volume ****. Picture it as having the gain on your amp set really high.

If there was a way to control the DSPs volume through the stock volume controls this would not be an issue.

The nice thing about the JL is the automatic calibration. Most people don't have access to the equipment to properly calibrate the settings on a DSP with manual adjustments so the automatic calibration is a great feature.

While tuning the system by ear could be sufficient there is a lot left to be desired without having it tuned by someone with the equipment and experience.

I purchased an SMD DD1 to do my own tuning and was very impressed by how much better the system sounded compared to tuning by ear. The DD1 gets very similar (almost exact) results as using an expensive oscilloscope.

Here's a video from JL
http://youtu.be/5a6C4YXbqok

Last edited by Hotcat; 04-18-2015 at 08:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BLUE MAGIC (04-19-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 04:52 PM

The MS-8 is also a good choice.
I'm more of a tinkerer so I went with the Bit 1 and couldn't be happier. It is a lot to try and tune it yourself if you don't have a lot of experience or the nessisary equipment. It is a bit expensive. I bought mine used on a car audio forum for $400.

I have Audison amps and the bit one along with all JL speakers and sub and I couldn't be happier.

I'd start looking around the classified sections and try and find reputable sellers. I got my amps and processor for a total of $1600 used as apposed to $3400 retail.

Originally Posted by torinalth
Not a bad option. Though a touch expensive. Actually. that style makes more sense in general. I think I'm going to go with a previously eliminated option and go with the JBL MS-8, which is the same principle and will fix the issues with stock amp. The Bitone is a veri nice piece, if not a touch expensive.
The following users liked this post:
BLUE MAGIC (04-19-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 04:55 PM

Also my system has zero noise. This is the first system I've done, and I've done hundred, that didn't have even a slight wine when the volume is all the way down. Audison is expensive but very well built and top end quality.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jl cleensweep or audiocontrol Lcq-1