Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IWE Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IWE Solenoid

2009 KR 4x4 with only 16000 miles on it. Heard this awful grinding sound and stopped on the side of the road to do a quick glance over and found nothing obviously wrong. I get home and start doing some reading and I have concluded it has to be the IWE solenoid. All I can seem to find is about the old models and nothing for the 2009 and up. I really do not have time to take the truck to the dealer at this time. My question is, where is the solenoid on the 2009 models? (its not on the firewall behind the battery) This is my first Ford and to say the least it isnt going very well at this point. Need some help guys.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant help you where it is, mine is behind my battery. Just wanted to say it sucks that this problem is still happening with our trucks. Thats the only warranty repair i have had with my truck (knock on wood) When they replaced mine in 2008 I was told the "new" solonoid was modified so it wont fail again. Guess not.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In an effort to be thorough, the grinding sound only happens when I hit a bump or turn and accelerate. I have put the 2" leveling kit on the truck, but I was so careful with those lines when I was putting the kit on making sure not to pinch them. Warranty or no warranty, I dont care, the part is relatively inexpensive considering the cost to repair the gears if they decide to take a dump.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I have this same problem with my 2010. I bought it with the lift kit and when i turn right mostly I hear a grinding or rubbing noise. I brought it back once and they sent me to the guys that did all of the aftermarket stuff including the level kit. They said they could not duplicate it. They said it might be the rubbing of the tires. It seems to only do it when I turn left and go over a bump and hit the gas a little more. I would love to hear more about this to see if it is what I have. Any pics of this area in question? Please help if you can.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: IWE Solenoid