Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod indexing all the time with MyFord Touch/Sync

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default iPod indexing all the time with MyFord Touch/Sync

I have a new 2013 Ford F150 KR with MyFord Touch and Sync. I'm just getting a handle on the MyFord Touch/Sync stuff. I plugged in my classic iPod and the system immediately recognized it and I can use voice activation to choose music from the iPod, etc., once indexing is completed. But the system indexes my iPod every time I start the truck and it does that for sometimes up to 45 minutes. Since most of my driving is just around town, indexing is going on virtually constantly when I'm driving. Is that normal? Is anyone else here experiencing that? Is there something I can do to deal with this? I searched the Internet for info on this but found nothing.

BTW, Here's my new truck. I have since added an Undercover Lux bed cover (painted to match truck), a BedRug, and an EGR bug deflector which I like better than any other bug deflectors I could find because it doesn't cover the top of the chrome grill and it follows the contours of the hood better than the others I checked out. Stampeded makes one that doesn't cover the top of the grill either but I like the shape of the EGR much better.

Last edited by ZoneIII; 04-04-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

ZoneIII, I feel your pain. The Synch system in my opinion is CRAP! I haven't been too impressed so far ( I have a 2012 FX4). For a while I was using my iPhone connected through the USB and it worked great for a little while then it began the "indexing" thing every time I plugged it in and it wouldn't stop. I then disonnected the battery for about 30 seconds to reset the Synch system and that seemed to work. . . .for now. Lately, I have been streaming my music through the Bluetooth and that has worked very well, but the song names and artist are not displayed, just "Media Stream." Hope that helps.

One other thing I did was go to the Ford Synchmyride website and downloaded the "Synch My iTunes" software and ran that on my Mac. I haven't had a problem with the system "indexing" after that. Okay, now I can say "hope that helps."

I like your truck by the way. The King ranch is an awesome truck -- love that leather. I used to own a 2008 KR, but it was too nice for me. It killed me every time I crawled inside with dirty work clothes on or trashed it using it as "work" truck.

Last edited by idahoboi; 04-04-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 AM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I know that older version of Sync have a software update that will resolve this. Logon to SyncMyRide and go to the Updates section. At the bottom of the page you'll find a fix-it file designed to resolve the exact situation you're describing.

I'm not sure if its compatible with MFT though. Worth logging in to check.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 612 Likes on 475 Posts

Ill have to look into this, I got so tired of that crap that I bought a $15 thumb drive and loaded it all on there, no issues in 6 months
Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, guys! I had heard something about Sync My iTunes but I had completely forgotten about it. I'm going to check that out right now. Thanks again!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I had the same isssue with my iPod Classic in which I have my entire music collection on...as I assume most do. I came to the conclusion that there was just too much media for the Sync to handle.

I ended buying the Bluetooth iPod Nano that was 16G. I can load what music I think I will want to listen to over several months and of course I can change it as I please. It works great! Now there is some give and take. You have to manually connect the Bluetooth using three touches of the Sync screen, it does not respond to voice and it does not show the current song playing on the screen.

For some that may be a deal breaker, but I find the Nano is very easy to operate as it is touch screen and is small enough to store just about anywhere...and there are no wires except when you charge it. And the Bluetooth works flawlessly.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

my ipod started doing the same thing , i put all my music on a USB Chip and it works good now
Old 04-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Oilfield Rock Jockey

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You can also try resetting the sync system by pulling the fuse. It's located in the fusebox in the passenger side kick panel. I believe it's fuse number 2, but check your owners manual.

Quick Reply: iPod indexing all the time with MyFord Touch/Sync