Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Bilstein 5100 WITH my autospring 1.5" level

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 07:58 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Installing Bilstein 5100 WITH my autospring 1.5" level

Tried searching but every post that comes up just says bilstein vs level kit etc etc, so Ill make this short

110k on my truck, needs new shocks, already have a 1.5" autospring kit installed, rides great looks great its the height I want etc. ordered bilstein 5100 to replace the oem shocks, rears are straight forward..but just curious what setting I should set the fronts at.

My gut tells my just to leave it at the standard height, but maybe it wont let the shock fully extend or something that I'm missing? Guy I called at bilstein wasnt sure and said remove spacer and use shock to level; I would really prefer not to do that. So anyone with a leveling kit spacer that has bilsteins installed? What setting are you using?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 844 Likes on 495 Posts

Your best bet is to leave the Bilsteins at stock setting if you are keeping the leveling pucks
Old 10-21-2015, 12:00 AM

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Clubsoda
Tried searching but every post that comes up just says bilstein vs level kit etc etc, so Ill make this short

110k on my truck, needs new shocks, already have a 1.5" autospring kit installed, rides great looks great its the height I want etc. ordered bilstein 5100 to replace the oem shocks, rears are straight forward..but just curious what setting I should set the fronts at.

My gut tells my just to leave it at the standard height, but maybe it wont let the shock fully extend or something that I'm missing? Guy I called at bilstein wasnt sure and said remove spacer and use shock to level; I would really prefer not to do that. So anyone with a leveling kit spacer that has bilsteins installed? What setting are you using?

Thanks
Your better off just moving the clip to the 1.5" setting. You'll basically have the same geometrics but maybe a little stiffer ride due to spring being compressed slightly more.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:02 AM

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Why don't you want to use the bilsteins to level?
I love the 1.5 setting along with many others.
I skipped the spot when you said you'd rather not use the bilsteins to level.

Quick Reply: Installing Bilstein 5100 WITH my autospring 1.5" level