Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am being told that Weathertech rear mud guards won't fit with Ford wheelwell liner

Old 10-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Default I am being told that Weathertech rear mud guards won't fit with Ford wheelwell liner

I wanted to do the Weathertech mud guards on our new 2014 Lariat, as they are no drill, longer, and look and fit better than Ford's. I also want to install the rear wheelwell liners from Ford.
Weathertech is telling me that if I have the Ford liners the rear flaps from them will not fit (120003)......can anyone with experience with both of these products tell me if they can be made to play well together?
Thank you in advance for any help the forum may provide me here.....
Old 10-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Just me

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a 2014 Lariat, 6.5 bed, 5.0 & had the Ford OEM wheel well liners installed the same time as the 4 weathertech mudflaps installed. Neighborhood garage technician said they were easy, no drilling.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Judge
I own a 2014 Lariat, 6.5 bed, 5.0 & had the Ford OEM wheel well liners installed the same time as the 4 weathertech mudflaps installed. Neighborhood garage technician said they were easy, no drilling.
Are the rear flaps the 120003's?.....and thank you for the information!
Old 10-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Just me

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they were! I ordered them over the phone because the web page said it wouldn't fit my f150.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:34 PM
End of the Earth

Received 377 Likes on 287 Posts

The only issue I've seen with some people having the liners and WeatherTechs, was that they needed a longer bolt at the bottom. But I have both on mine and I had no issues installing them.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:55 PM

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the WeatherTech set (#110003-120003 for fender flares) and the Ford OEM wheel liners and they fit fine. I installed them together and it went well.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:02 PM

Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

Likewise, my truck has factory installed rear wheelwell liners and Weathertech splash guards I installed easily w/ furnished hdwe. No drilling required, unless choosing to on the optional points (holes/hdwe provided but not utilized by me).

Old 10-24-2014, 03:05 PM
LOP

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Ditto...installed both the liners and weathertech flaps myself, easy job.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was mislead by the WeatherTech site as well when ordering my Rear mud flaps for my 2014 KR. It indicated the flaps would not fit if the Ford OEM wheel well liners were installed so I only ordered the flaps. Since then I referenced many threads on this forum and a few others where several F-150 owners had successfully installed the wheel well liners (or were installed by the factory/dealership) along with the Weathertech rear mud flaps. I went ahead and ordered the Ford OEM liners and installed them w/o issues although I did remove the flaps for greater ease of installing the liners. They fit well with the liners - no problems although I had to get under the back of each rear fender to install the nut on the bolt to tighten it.

In addition, my truck has the adobe/tan platform running boards which Weathertech states will not permit installation of the front mudflaps that I wanted to install for added protection. I went ahead and ordered them and created a template to modify the area where the flap would encounter the front of the running board on each side. I used a Dremel tool to cut out an opening, then grind it down to ensure a better fit. I was unable to use the bottom bolt fasteners on either side but the quick turn fasteners provide a very snug fit. I now have the Weathertech mudflaps on the front and rear as well as the rear wheel well liners to help in protecting the truck from debri and such from spoiling the appearance.

In summary, the Weathertech rear mudflaps WILL fit with the Ford OEM wheel well liners. Get the liners and the flaps - they look good and will provide better protection!!
Old 10-24-2014, 05:52 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtDawg
Likewise, my truck has factory installed rear wheelwell liners and Weathertech splash guards I installed easily w/ furnished hdwe. No drilling required, unless choosing to on the optional points (holes/hdwe provided but not utilized by me).

[MENTION=182348]DirtDawg[/MENTION]

Are your fender flares OEM or add on?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I am being told that Weathertech rear mud guards won't fit with Ford wheelwell liner