I made a mistake earlier in my post.
This is straight from my 2009 f150 owners guide
1. the parking brake is set
2. truck in park
3. ignition switch is in off position
4. both seat belts are unbuckled
1. turn the ignition switch to the on position, DO NOT START THE ENGINE.
2. wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (approximately 1 minute).
* step 3 must be completed within 50 secs after the safety belt warning light turns off.
3. buckle then unbuckle the seat belt nine times, ending in the seat belt unbuckled.
* after step 3 the restraint warning light, (airbag light) will turn on for three (3) seconds.
4. within approximately seven (7) seconds of the light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
* the restraint system warning light will flash four, (4) times per second for 3 seconds for confirmation
you can do this for the passenger side also!!!
in step 3. after three times buckling and unbuckling the restraint warning light lit up in my truck. SO I WENT TO THE NEXT STEP, (STEP 4). waited 3 seconds and i buckled and unbuckled.
in the buckle /unbuckle procedure do it some what slowly and watch for the light. it may not take 9 times.
then again maybe i have the only truck that worked this way.
Last edited by F150DIEHARD; 06-08-2009 at 12:58 AM.