Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hid kit suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 03:14 AM
ALTERED STATE POLICE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hid kit suggestions

I have a 2014 f-150 stx crewcab, looking to add hid kits for the headlights and foglights. I've been searching the net looking for the most reputable hid kit dealer. So far it looks like xenonhids.com is the best place to order from but i've got my doubts about any company due to the failure rate of hid's ive seen. If anyone could give me some positive experiences with some companies id appreciate it. Also, if you suggest a company i'd appreciate knowing how long you've had the kit installed on your vehicle as well as any problems you've had with the kit/warranty problems/delivery problems.
Thanks in advance! I'm sure this has been covered multiple times, just wanted to be specific to my truck and my expectations.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:14 AM
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Received 407 Likes on 304 Posts

Default Hid kit suggestions

Originally Posted by MEADE
I have a 2014 f-150 stx crewcab, looking to add hid kits for the headlights and foglights. I've been searching the net looking for the most reputable hid kit dealer. So far it looks like xenonhids.com is the best place to order from but i've got my doubts about any company due to the failure rate of hid's ive seen. If anyone could give me some positive experiences with some companies id appreciate it. Also, if you suggest a company i'd appreciate knowing how long you've had the kit installed on your vehicle as well as any problems you've had with the kit/warranty problems/delivery problems.
Thanks in advance! I'm sure this has been covered multiple times, just wanted to be specific to my truck and my expectations.
Yes, it has been covered quite a bit.
Your best bet:
Do NOT buy any of those plug n play HID kits.
It puts a horrible glare on the road and effects on coming traffic. Your going to cause an accident because you will be blinding oncoming traffic. Your headlight housings were not designed for them.
Best suggestion: if you can afford it, purchase OEM HID housings. It could run you $800 -$1200 depending on finding a used set vs a new set.
Your next best option: check a thread in here where you can get LED headlight bulbs. The replacements will only run you a little less than $150 shipped to your door & carry a lifetime warranty. THAT is your best option.
Hope this info helps.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lethal Weapon:
MCDavis (07-09-2015), STingray1300 (06-13-2016)
Old 08-22-2015, 04:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Diode Dyanmics Shout Out

A big shout out for Diode Dyanmics for F-150 lighting upgrades.

Check them out here:

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...ord/f-150.html
Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely go with XenonSupply.

I bought a kit from them for my 2011 F-150 and they ****ing look amazing, been working for 3 years now with no problem. When I was looking into getting HIDs I did a ton of research and price comparisons, and imo the couple of extra bucks are totally worth it just for their customer service on any issue pertaining to HIDs. Called them twice because I had some trouble with my install, and they took the time to guide me through. If you search around they have a reputation on tons of car forums for making sure the customer has an easy install and doing right by the customer.

They even have a 5 year warranty for all their products -- so you know they stand by what they sell. So yeah, awesome company with quality products.
Check it out here: https://www.xenonsupply.com/products...-xenon-package
Old 06-13-2016, 07:10 PM

Received 891 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by Ford_Muscle
Definitely go with XenonSupply.

I bought a kit from them for my 2011 F-150 and they ****ing look amazing, been working for 3 years now with no problem. When I was looking into getting HIDs I did a ton of research and price comparisons, and imo the couple of extra bucks are totally worth it just for their customer service on any issue pertaining to HIDs. Called them twice because I had some trouble with my install, and they took the time to guide me through. If you search around they have a reputation on tons of car forums for making sure the customer has an easy install and doing right by the customer.

They even have a 5 year warranty for all their products -- so you know they stand by what they sell. So yeah, awesome company with quality products.
Check it out here: https://www.xenonsupply.com/products...-xenon-package
Ok you have to work for this place. 3 of your 5 posts Ive seen were the same thing. Last thing we need is someone else pushing ****ty pnp hids... make a few bucks for yourself and blind the **** out others on the road. Nice...
Old 06-13-2016, 11:47 PM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by Lethal Weapon
Yes, it has been covered quite a bit.
Your best bet:
Do NOT buy any of those plug n play HID kits.
It puts a horrible glare on the road and effects on coming traffic. Your going to cause an accident because you will be blinding oncoming traffic. Your headlight housings were not designed for them.
Best suggestion: if you can afford it, purchase OEM HID housings. It could run you $800 -$1200 depending on finding a used set vs a new set.
Your next best option: check a thread in here where you can get LED headlight bulbs. The replacements will only run you a little less than $150 shipped to your door & carry a lifetime warranty. THAT is your best option.
Hope this info helps.
Never mind that HIDs in halogen housings are illegal in every state in the US (2 federal laws)and every COUNTRY on the planet. Can you imagine why?
Old 06-14-2016, 05:14 PM

Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

Here we go!!!!!!!!!

Again!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by STingray1300
Never mind that HIDs in halogen housings are illegal in every state in the US (2 federal laws)and every COUNTRY on the planet. Can you imagine why?

Same with projector retrofits.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chad Walker:
fseries54303 (06-14-2016), STingray1300 (06-15-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chad Walker
Same with projector retrofits.
So then how will I pass inspection? :0
Old 06-15-2016, 12:51 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by RajunKajun59

Here we go!!!!!!!!!

Again!!!!!!!
Yeah, it's kinda sad that about every 6 months there is a new crop of severely under-informed new owners who want better night vision, and who don't want to spend the money to do it correctly. It's sad that these people believe the huckster snake oil salesmen (or other purchasers who have no regard for the law or public safety) and buy garbage that some garage monkey has illegitimately fashioned out of legitimate components to do nothing else but steal money from these under-informed new owners.

Don't like the amount of light your car/truck puts out? Can't see well enough at the speed at which you're traveling? Here's a thought: SLOW DOWN!

But that's up to you. Blinding oncoming traffic is not.

Quick Reply: Hid kit suggestions