Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID headlights standard on all XLT and above trim levels?

Old 01-26-2015, 09:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default HID headlights standard on all XLT and above trim levels?

According to the JD power site, one of the new features listed for the 2014 F-150 is HID is standard on all XLT and above trim levels. But I was at the dealer on the weekend and there was a 2014 XLT in the showroom and it didn't have hid headlights. I also looked at the ford link below and it says that there optional.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2014/trim/xlt/

So I guess JD power did not have the right info? Anyone know the differences between 2014 and 2013 F-150's?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 AM

Received 133 Likes on 72 Posts

HID's are great. That's all I know.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

OK.....first, I would trust Ford over another site for what is available on each trim level. You are correct that HID's were optional on XLT's. They are also an easy retrofit with OEM or aftermarket HID's, though a bit pricy -- figure about $1,000 for lights and wiring. The HID's were standard on Lariat and above starting in 2014.
Now, as to differences between the 2013 and the 2014.
Bigger turbos on the EB. 48 mm to 51 mm.
SoundScreen windshield, a laminated glass that limits engine and road noise, standard on Lariat and above.
Better speakers in the front.
Better transmission programming.
Different wheel designs
Different grill designs
Different dash design and SYNC and MFT screen interface.
The indents on the top of the cab to lend it strength (and that held about a gallon of water when it rained or you washed your truck) become convex, so no longer a pain in the @$$ to dry.

I am sure there are some other differences that others will chime in with here, but the above is a good start.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sterlingone
OK.....first, I would trust Ford over another site for what is available on each trim level. You are correct that HID's were optional on XLT's. They are also an easy retrofit with OEM or aftermarket HID's, though a bit pricy -- figure about $1,000 for lights and wiring. The HID's were standard on Lariat and above starting in 2014.
SoundScreen windshield, a laminated glass that limits engine and road noise, standard on Lariat and above.
Different wheel designs
Different grill designs
The indents on the top of the cab to lend it strength (and that held about a gallon of water when it rained or you washed your truck) become convex, so no longer a pain in the @$$ to dry.

I am sure there are some other differences that others will chime in with here, but the above is a good start.
What about mirror puddle lights on what model/years did they become available?

Also when you say Lariat and above, does that include FX4?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:41 AM
Opinionated Blowhard

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by sterlingone
Different wheel designs
Different grill designs

My 14 XLT has the SoundScreen windshield. I didn't see where it was standard or option.

Here is a link to a 2014 brochure

2014 F150
Old 01-26-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 843 Likes on 495 Posts

2013 has all that stuff mentioned that's on the 2014...larger turbos, roof indents changed, soundscreen......, at least my 2013 xlt dose. I think he was thinking the difference between pre 2013/2014 in regards to not having that stuff....

Last edited by Sirikenewtron; 01-26-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:38 PM
Wyatt

Received 163 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by jeange

What about mirror puddle lights on what model/years did they become available?

Also when you say Lariat and above, does that include FX4?
How did Ford think we could wash the top of the cab once we stepped up on the running boards?! I mean on the 14 their is a slight indent on top of the cab next to the windshield to grab on, but after that it's like being on a tight rope! :explicit:.....at least their's the tailgate step.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID headlights standard on all XLT and above trim levels?