Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with mirror turn signal led on '09

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with mirror turn signal led on '09

I bought new '09 XLT 4X4 that came with a turn signal led in the right hand mirror, but none on the left side. I didn't notice until I drove it home. After investigating with the dealer, the truck was not supposed to have turn signal lights in the mirrors. Someone at the factory must have made a mistake. Of course Ford doesn't sell the led and the reflector separately, you have to buy the whole mirror. Does anyone know who might make the led that fits into the mirror. I have the blank in the mirror for it, but can't locate a light to fit in. Ford wants $500 for new mirror and labor.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tkennell
I bought new '09 XLT 4X4 that came with a turn signal led in the right hand mirror, but none on the left side. I didn't notice until I drove it home. After investigating with the dealer, the truck was not supposed to have turn signal lights in the mirrors. Someone at the factory must have made a mistake. Of course Ford doesn't sell the led and the reflector separately, you have to buy the whole mirror. Does anyone know who might make the led that fits into the mirror. I have the blank in the mirror for it, but can't locate a light to fit in. Ford wants $500 for new mirror and labor.
I would think a factory mistake should be taken care of by the factory. The turn signals in the mirrors is part of the drivers convience package; along with auto dimming, and heating. Also included is power driver seat; power adjustable pedals; and fog lamps for $495. Did you receive any of these options with your truck?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM
US Army

SOmeone better make it right...thats on you to raise some hell
Old 08-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Just another member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by R3UB3R
SOmeone better make it right...thats on you to raise some hell
Exactly. For all we know, the dealing is lying (rare) and they earlier swapped one of your led mirrors out to someone else as a replacement for some other problem. Give 'em hell harry.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts

X3... They should work, truck is still probably under some sort of warranty from them...
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tkennell
First, I'd check the window sticker. Does it say signal mirrors or not.

If so, then you should have them....end of story.

I would think the XLT package would be on an XLT.

I would raise Holy Hell with the dealer until he replaced the other one with a signal mirror to match if it was suppose to have them. Don't take the dealers word, look at the window sticker yourself.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:55 PM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Every XLT on my dealers lot had the driver's convenience package which comes with the LED in the mirrors.

In any event, I'd ask for a manager and push for the LEDs. That sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Ken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would continue to fight this one. Sounds like they (dealer) is pulling a fast one on you and looking to make out with some money in the end. Give them as much crap about it as you can and tell them that you will have your lawyer contact them if they do not help. Maybe that will get them to wake up and help you out. Not good! Hope it works out for you.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sturgisfdb
I would think a factory mistake should be taken care of by the factory. The turn signals in the mirrors is part of the drivers convience package; along with auto dimming, and heating. Also included is power driver seat; power adjustable pedals; and fog lamps for $495. Did you receive any of these options with your truck?
My truck does not have the drivers convenince package, no heated mirrors, fog lamps, etc. It does not have turn signal mirrors on the window sticker either. So, I think the dealer is right about that part, someone at the factory put the wrong mirror on probably. I just wish I could buy a light for it, I don't mind putting in on myself. Seems ridiculous you would have to buy a whole new mirror.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

do you know which style mirror you have? I assume you have power aero mirrors that are not heated, fold, etc

Quick Reply: Help with mirror turn signal led on '09