Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Lug Nuts Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Lug Nuts Please

I am relatively new here (joined before I got my F150) and if this has been posted before I apologize. My truck is a 2010 Lariat Super Cab.

I replaced my 20" chrome wheels for the winter, with some factory 18" Lariat Alloy wheels that I picked up on Craig's List. The lug nuts from the 20" wheels are too long to put the center caps on. I went to the Dealer and they want $7.50 EACH for the standard lug nuts...ridiculous!
Did some research and found that I need M14x2.0, but I need some additional information and hoping someone can help me?
- How long should the lug nut be? (I see them in all lengths)
- Should these be open ended?
- Any recommended place to get a set?

Thanks-
Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 45_Auto
I am relatively new here (joined before I got my F150) and if this has been posted before I apologize. My truck is a 2010 Lariat Super Cab.

I replaced my 20" chrome wheels for the winter, with some factory 18" Lariat Alloy wheels that I picked up on Craig's List. The lug nuts from the 20" wheels are too long to put the center caps on. I went to the Dealer and they want $7.50 EACH for the standard lug nuts...ridiculous!
Did some research and found that I need M14x2.0, but I need some additional information and hoping someone can help me?
- How long should the lug nut be? (I see them in all lengths)
- Should these be open ended?
- Any recommended place to get a set?

Thanks-
Go to your local O'Reilly Auto Parts and get some standard open lugs in the M14x2 size. With the open lugs it does not matter the length of the lug. Also, if you have the factory 20's, they are Chrome Clad plastic. Not much can happen to them in the winter.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

the dealer should always be about the last place you check for parts like that as they will bend you over with no lube every time. Auto parts stores or online will win the price war every time, but you have to be careful and do a little research to make sure you arent buying an inferior product.

Quick Reply: Help with Lug Nuts Please