Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Liftiting Lowered FX2 20012

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Liftiting Lowered FX2 20012

Very first post new to f150 forum or any forum. I have a 2012 f150 fx2 3.5 eco, I bought it the way it sits now I don't know what lowering kit it has but it's pretty low. The struts say fo mo co on them so I'm guessing they are oem but I think they just put lowering springs to drop the front it rides real ruough and I can feel everything on the road and sometimes it just hits really hard on certain bumps. And the camber or whatever it's called is really tilted bc my tires in the front were worn unevenly to where it shows wire on the inside and good tread on the outside. So that's why I want to lift but I love the level look, and also want to buy AT Tires bc like I said mine got worn bad unevenly. I was thinking of going with the 1.75 rancho quicklift leveling struts with the springs bc it seems like it would ride the smoothest to me and is the best way unless buying new oem strut assembly with those leveling strut mount things. what do you guys think?
the rear looks like it has a flip kit but I have no idea what parts I would need to buy for that, like a reverse flip kit. I have a 2,000 dollar budget and my main goal is to ride like factory smooth with nice big tires bc I like it low and all but every time it scrapes it just hurts the inside of my body and it rides rough and I feel like it's not right and something's gunna get ****ed up, so I want to go with a lifted look and I love all the leveled fx2 and fx4 pics with the big all terrain tires.

Thanks to to anyone who actually got thru reading all of this I really do appreciate it if you would comment and give me ideas like I said new to forums and want to be a part of the group. Once again thanks to anyone who read this far thru my really poor grammar and run on sentences. I am open to all ideas and suggestions

Last edited by BubbaLocx; 02-27-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:27 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't have a lot of experience with lowered trucks or know whats been replaced on yours...but, I think it may be easiest to just purchase the stock suspension from another member that's replaced theirs for a larger lift kit. Then stack on a level kit to the new set up.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:42 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

Sell the truck to me......
Old 02-28-2017, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Annapolis
I don't have a lot of experience with lowered trucks or know whats been replaced on yours...but, I think it may be easiest to just purchase the stock suspension from another member that's replaced theirs for a larger lift kit. Then stack on a level kit to the new set up.
thats actually a really good idea I didn't even think of that thanks like I said I'm new to the forum so how do you think would be best to go about doing that post a new thread asking or just comment and ask people?
Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaLocx
thats actually a really good idea I didn't even think of that thanks like I said I'm new to the forum so how do you think would be best to go about doing that post a new thread asking or just comment and ask people?
There is a for sale area on this forum with your year. This link may work...

https://www.f150forum.com/f59/

You'll need at least 25 posts in order to post, but first go through a few pages and see if anyone is selling their suspension, then if not you can post a WTB listing that says what you're looking for. Otherwise. You may be able to go to a junk yard and pull the parts off a wrecked vehicle.
The last option (and likely the best and cheapest), would be to find a local member that has some suspension experience and ask them about it. That way you dont buy parts that you dont need. There is a regional forum that you may find someone local who is willing to help. Or at least look at your suspension components.
https://www.f150forum.com/f39/

Last edited by Annapolis; 02-28-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Annapolis
There is a for sale area on this forum with your year. This link may work...

https://www.f150forum.com/f59/

You'll need at least 25 posts in order to post, but first go through a few pages and see if anyone is selling their suspension, then if not you can post a WTB listing that says what you're looking for. Otherwise. You may be able to go to a junk yard and pull the parts off a wrecked vehicle.
The last option (and likely the best and cheapest), would be to find a local member that has some suspension experience and ask them about it. That way you dont buy parts that you dont need. There is a regional forum that you may find someone local who is willing to help. Or at least look at your suspension components.
https://www.f150forum.com/f39/
This is the cheapest and I'd say most likely the best option.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:26 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

i'll be changing out to bilstein 5100 front and rear in a week or two and will have the factory stuff if it will work for you. it will be coming from a 2013 supercab with 16,500 miles. i honestly don't know if it will but i'm sure someone on here will.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:35 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Where are you located? I'm in metro Detroit, you can have my stock parts, free, just pick them up.

Edit: Eh, crap, I have a 2014 and the front parts are different.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:01 AM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

Yes, where are you? I have the stock front end parts, complete with 2" spacer, off my '12.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by nineball
i'll be changing out to bilstein 5100 front and rear in a week or two and will have the factory stuff if it will work for you. it will be coming from a 2013 supercab with 16,500 miles. i honestly don't know if it will but i'm sure someone on here will.
i live in Modesto California have you finished your suspension work yet