Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with factory installed remote start for 2010 SCREW

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with factory installed remote start for 2010 SCREW

Hi,

I got my truck a little over a week ago and it came with the factory installed remote start. I have one big problem though, it starts the truck up and locks the doors, when I click the open doors remote it works just fine, but the moment I open the now unlocked door the truck shuts off. Called dealer and they said this is a factory safety setting?? How can I change this??? Please help.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 09 with factory installed remote start so mine never did this but I believe it has to do with the MY Key feature. I believe you have to disable this. I can't tell you how to but the manual might say.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinheadsaz
Hi,

I got my truck a little over a week ago and it came with the factory installed remote start. I have one big problem though, it starts the truck up and locks the doors, when I click the open doors remote it works just fine, but the moment I open the now unlocked door the truck shuts off. Called dealer and they said this is a factory safety setting?? How can I change this??? Please help.
I too have a 2010, but my remote start was dealer installed..To operate, my truck has to be locked..I press the start key on my remote, it beeps, you can hear the fuel pump engage, and then the truck starts. I must press the unlock key on the remote, get in and insert the key, turn it like you would to start. This takes it out of remote start mode, and you're ready to go..If you don't put the key in and turn it, you'll never get it out of PARK. Another thing..If I step on the brake before putting the key in, it immediately stops the engine. I have had no issues with my system, but remember mine was dealer installed. Hope this helps you..Steve in Vegas
The following users liked this post:
Adventurer (09-13-2012)
Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 PM

Steve,

I have a similar one on my 04 Expedition, this is like yours. The one from the factory is different.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pinheadsaz
Hi,

My truck came with the factory remote start and with the exact same settings as yours has. I took it back to the dealer the next day and they said in order for it to keep running when you open the door i have to disable MyKey. They disabled MyKey and it works just as it should, stays running after opening the doors, get in, turn the key on, tap the brake, drive off into the sunset. So if you do not need or use MyKey then you can disable it and be good to go, but if you want to use MyKey i think your SOL from what my dealer tells me. Your dealer can disable it for you or possibly someone on here might know the process, its a matter of pushing the program button and tapping the brake i think, took them about 2 minutes. Also DO NOT let your dealer try to charge you for this, the service manager tried to charge me an hour labor for this 2 minutes of pushing buttons...(stingy douchebag)
Good luck

Last edited by CRF450; 05-05-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 PM

awesome, so how do I disable my key??
Old 05-07-2010, 12:09 AM

This is the fix for the problem, got it from the Blue Ovals forum. Took it to the dealer and gave them this info and they fixed it

Step 1. Close all doors and hood.
Step 2. Press and hold the BRAKE PEDAL.
Step 3. Insert the key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ON/RUN position.
Step 4. Locate and press the remote start system override button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds the horn will honk
3 times and the lights will flash 3 times, indicating that the system is now in Transmitter Learn Mode.
Step 5. Release the brake pedal and the system override button.
Step 6. Press and release the remote start system override button 1 time. The horn will honk 4 times and the lights will
flash 4 times indicating that the system is now in “Bank 1” of the programming options.
Step 7. Press and release the brake pedal 1 time. The horn will honk 1 time and the lights will flash 1 time, indicating
that the system is now at the first programable option. Refer to the “Option Programming Chart” on the
next page for available options and features.
Step 8. To advance to the next option, press and release the brake pedal. The horn will honk 2 times and the lights will
flash 2 times indicating that the system is now at the 2nd programmable option. Repeat for additional options
within bank.
Step 9. To advance to “Bank 2” programming options, press and release the remote start system override button one
time. The horn will honk 5 times and the lights will flash 5 times indicating that the system is now in “Bank 2” of
the programming options.
Step 10. Refer to the “Option Programming Chart” and repeat Step 7 and Step 8, if necessary.
Step 11. Once programming is complete, turn off ignition.
Note: Transmitters can be programmed by pressing the (Lock) button (1-Way) or the (Start)
button (2-Way) one time for each transmitter. Up to 8 transmitters may be learned.
Note: Locate the L.E.D. connected to the remote start harness before proceeding.
Note: Options can be changed by pressing the (Lock) button (1-Way) or the (Start) button (2-Way)
one time. The L.E.D. will turn on and off depending on the desired option. Items in BOLD are factory
default.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 AM

I bought my 2010 screw on January 25, 2010 with the factory remote start and I was having the same problem when I opened the doors. I tried to reprogram the remote start and f@*ked it up. I brought it back to the dealer and they reprogramed it, but would not disable that safety feature. After fighting with Ford customer service and they refused to help, I called my salesman who told me that Ford had just changed the policy and that they would be able to disable the safety feature only if I signed a waiver. I told them give me a pen, I'll sign anything as long as you fix my remote start. They fixed it and works great.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 AM

Yeah, I had a similar problem except I could open the door, but as soon as I tried to put the key in the ignition, the truck shut down. I managed to search this forum and found the directions you show PinheadsAZ. I was also able to change an option that the manual shows as "not used" so that I could simply put the key in the ignition and turn it to the run position after the truck was remote started. No shutting down unless I am careless and push the brake before i put the key in. Overall works great, took a while for me to decipher the directions, but now I love my remote start, and it's not even winter yet
Old 10-22-2010, 11:01 AM

Default help

Where is the remote start system override button? probley a dumb question.

Quick Reply: Help with factory installed remote start for 2010 SCREW