Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with '13 SYNC and Nav

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 04:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help with '13 SYNC and Nav

Purchased my '13 this past May, only to find that it did not have an SD card with it. I recently purchased the A6 version from reputable eBay dealer, thinking this would get me online and my navigation would work though the myTouch screen, wrong. I've done searches on why could be wrong and have found videos of folks using usb storage drives to download updates off ford's website and then transfer to the vehicle. Is this correct in all applications? If so, what the hell does this SD card have to do with anything????
Old 08-18-2015, 06:57 AM

Received 168 Likes on 156 Posts

The SD card contains map updates for Navigation. To stay current with Sync, you need to go to the Ford website an create a Syncmyride account for your truck. Then you can check for the current software for Myford, or Myfordtouch. You will need a formatted thumb drive. This should explain everything and help you get started.

http://owner.ford.com/your-vehicle.html

Last edited by H-60 Electrician; 08-18-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:25 AM
American member

Received 1,058 Likes on 843 Posts

Default Help with '13 SYNC and Nav

I'll say this. I have the MFT, and bought an A6 card for my truck, worked great.
Had a rental c-max with the same MFT. Even had the compass, like when you take your SD out.
I inserted my old A5 into the slot thinking...instant navigation.
Nope, nothing.
So I know it won't work, even with MFT, and looking like that top right corner should have Navigation.
Whether it's just a simple dealer program, or it didn't have Nav to begin with. Inserting a card won't guarantee the nav will work. I don't think an update thru a thumb drive will help. I could be wrong.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Afgrace
Purchased my '13 this past May, only to find that it did not have an SD card with it. I recently purchased the A6 version from reputable eBay dealer, thinking this would get me online and my navigation would work though the myTouch screen, wrong. I've done searches on why could be wrong and have found videos of folks using usb storage drives to download updates off ford's website and then transfer to the vehicle. Is this correct in all applications? If so, what the hell does this SD card have to do with anything????
Hi Afgrace,

masitile is on to something. Does it say INFORMATION at the top right on your homescreen? If so, the vehicle does not have built-in navigation. To be sure, please PM your VIN; I'll look into your options.

Shaay

Quick Reply: Help with '13 SYNC and Nav