Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone really added factory Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:36 PM
KING RANCH F150

Default Has anyone really added factory Nav?

I did a search and did not find anyone who actually put in the factory Nav after they bought the truck. Please if you have done it tell me what was involved price etc.. Also some pics before and after would be awesome.
If I missed this thread please excuse me.
Thanks to all
Old 02-11-2010, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2
Old 02-11-2010, 06:42 PM

You haven't seen anything about it since it pretty much is not possible to add later. It's all integrated with the rest of the computers and wiring in the truck from the factory. It's not just something you plug in and see it work. You would be better off ordering a truck with it from the factory.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:09 PM

Factory is going to be difficult to do but aftermarket is less expensive and available . The aftermarket kit manufactures already have kits available to put in double din units. Also wiring adaptors that give you a reverse wire for back up camera and a VSS wire give you a signal for your Navigation unit to tell vehicle speed and a 12v acc wire plus speaker Conn.
I have a Clarion pkg ready to go in my truck that will give me DVD/Dual zone,Bluetooth,Navigation,USB,AUX In,Sub Out,Sat Radio,Reverse camera for about $1500.00 CAD. Pioneer also has some new pieces coming out that will be in the same price range and I am sure there are others.
Check your local car audio shop and check your Ford dealer price on the head unit I am sure you will find the car audio shop is less expensive. I run my own car audio shop so I have seen the new pieces from several manufactures and they all look very nice this year.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:55 AM

Default It can be done

I looked into this as an alternative to ordering a new truck, as this was one of the key options i wanted. My dealer told me they could install the nav system. The price i was quoted was 2980.00. This included the new dash cover and audio system installation. So it's about 500.00 more than it would be factory.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:02 PM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have installed some for the dealers it is a f 350 1 piece unit
it needs to be programed to your vin#
aftermarket dash bezel only in black
new steering wheel control
and rewire the pic module sinc mic
cut out a factory wood grain bezel and it looked good

Last edited by badcat; 02-22-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:18 AM

Default Sony Nav Dealer Install

I took delivery of my 2010 Lariat CrewCab on 12/31/09. It had the Sony 6 CD radio w/700w sub, synch, rear cam, backup alarm. I wanted the Sony Nav and they told me they could install it. I paid an additional $3100 for the radio and bezels and they ordered the parts. On 1/19 I took it to the dealer, they were using a vendor (who also did my remote start and Lojack). They took out the 6 CD and installed the Sony (9", not the 7", there are 2) and configured the camera (was in the rear mirror, now in the radio AND rear mirror but I don't mind) and everything works great. I had an information center above the old 6 CD that also came out (which I kept, got to go back and get the radio as well, wtf I paid for them) and replaced with a shelf sort of thing. New bezels (my interior is woodgrain and camel, leather) to match and it looks totally factory. I can take a picture if anyone wants to see.
Tom
PS- I already called and claimed the 6 CD radio because I paid for it and have the information center unit. I'll be putting them on ebay.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 AM
KING RANCH F150

Originally Posted by Tom Duross
I took delivery of my 2010 Lariat CrewCab on 12/31/09. It had the Sony 6 CD radio w/700w sub, synch, rear cam, backup alarm. I wanted the Sony Nav and they told me they could install it. I paid an additional $3100 for the radio and bezels and they ordered the parts. On 1/19 I took it to the dealer, they were using a vendor (who also did my remote start and Lojack). They took out the 6 CD and installed the Sony (9", not the 7", there are 2) and configured the camera (was in the rear mirror, now in the radio AND rear mirror but I don't mind) and everything works great. I had an information center above the old 6 CD that also came out (which I kept, got to go back and get the radio as well, wtf I paid for them) and replaced with a shelf sort of thing. New bezels (my interior is woodgrain and camel, leather) to match and it looks totally factory. I can take a picture if anyone wants to see.
Tom
PS- I already called and claimed the 6 CD radio because I paid for it and have the information center unit. I'll be putting them on ebay.
That is great info thank you so much!! Yes I would love to see the pics as I have the same setup that you had. Thanks Again
Old 02-13-2010, 01:27 PM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks tom i will check and see if they got new kits and dash bezels.i have only done 5 or 6 of the old kits f 350 set up.the only complaint was the black dash bezel if you had wood grain
metra will have wood grain soon

Last edited by badcat; 02-23-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:53 PM

$3100.00 Makes me glad I found one on the lot with it already installed. Only $2430.00 as a factory option!

Quick Reply: Has anyone really added factory Nav?