Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodyear Adventure with Kevlar

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:04 PM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Goodyear Adventure with Kevlar

Just wanted to tell someone who would understand....the wife doesn't. I am SO happy to be rid of my Scorpions! This is the happiest day of truck ownership since the day I brought it home.

No more slipping from a dead stop. No more loud hum on the highway and I suspect much less 4x4 in the winter. I'll be sure to update that part once the snow hits up here.

Went with the Goodyear Adventures in the OEM 20 size. Was going to get the Michelin M/S 2 but got a good deal on the goodyears. Plus they have a slightly more aggressive tread so imo they look better. Hopefully they don't kill my already not so great mileage.

Anyway, I'll send an update once I go thru some decent snow.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice choice! I was at the store with my mind set on getting the Duratracs and ended up letting them talk me into the Adventure All Terrain. The owner had a Platinum with then and the service adviser had them on his Expedition. Both had nothing but good things to say. Before biting the bullet I went back and did some research and saw enough good reviews to go back and buy them. I had Firestone Destination A/Ts and they were great until the sidewalls started to crack. Based on specs/reviews I believe I made the right choice. The Adventure also has a bonus 60k mile tread warranty.
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2014, 08:11 PM

Here is a quick picture of them on his Expedition. I really liked the tread design and all of the siping that they come with. Hopefully the perform as well as they look.
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Goodyear Adventure with Kevlar is outstanding in the snow.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:32 PM

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

did you guys get the LT rated?
Do they come in a C or just P and E rated?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
did you guys get the LT rated?
Do they come in a C or just P and E rated?
I did not get the LT rated but did think about it. Everything I have seen was P or E rated. So far I am extremely impressed with the ride and cannot wait to try them out in the snow.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:03 AM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Those are good looking tires! I wanted to get them but I ended up getting Cooper AT3's for $55/tire less so I couldn't justify that much difference. I will be interested to see how these perform for you.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:00 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rraiderr
Goodyear Adventure with Kevlar is outstanding in the snow.
Good to know. Mine get installed at 11:00 am tomorrow. Going with the LT.
Don't know what you guys paid but I got mine through Ford for an out the door price of $1,355.95. Includes alignment.

Ouch.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Rheimy
Just wanted to tell someone who would understand....the wife doesn't. I am SO happy to be rid of my Scorpions! This is the happiest day of truck ownership since the day I brought it home.

No more slipping from a dead stop. No more loud hum on the highway and I suspect much less 4x4 in the winter. I'll be sure to update that part once the snow hits up here.

Went with the Goodyear Adventures in the OEM 20 size. Was going to get the Michelin M/S 2 but got a good deal on the goodyears. Plus they have a slightly more aggressive tread so imo they look better. Hopefully they don't kill my already not so great mileage.

Anyway, I'll send an update once I go thru some decent snow.
I'm on my 3rd year with the previous incarnation of these (G/Y Silent Armours) and they are awesome. Just had them checked and I'm good to go for another winter up here in the Great White North. Probably next year I will replace them - with the Adventures of course.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:26 PM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

I was the same price with an alignment. Not a cheap tire, but that wasn't my 1st concern. Hopefully they hold up for me. It's been raining here for 2 days and no spinning from a dead stop on wet pavement like the Scorpions. That's a nice treat.

Originally Posted by nemosdad
Good to know. Mine get installed at 11:00 am tomorrow. Going with the LT.
Don't know what you guys paid but I got mine through Ford for an out the door price of $1,355.95. Includes alignment.

Ouch.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Adventure with Kevlar