Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a new headlight

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a new headlight

Washed the truck the other day and got out to check the mail with the truck running. I happened to glance up at the passenger headlight and was like what the hell... MOISTURE! So, took her in to Ford and they have a replacement headlight assembly on order. Should be getting it in on Wednesday. I've had my 2010 FX4 since Feb and this is the first big issue so far.

Anyone happen to know how big of a deal it is to swap out the headlamp assembly on the passenger side? I hate having a new vehicle worked on. I see a couple bolts and hoping that's all it takes to swap out the whole thing. Also, anyone know how the adjustment works? I am assuming they have to re-aim the unit after it's replaced. And no, I didn't read the manual yet
Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by microsoftisevil
Washed the truck the other day and got out to check the mail with the truck running. I happened to glance up at the passenger headlight and was like what the hell... MOISTURE! So, took her in to Ford and they have a replacement headlight assembly on order. Should be getting it in on Wednesday. I've had my 2010 FX4 since Feb and this is the first big issue so far.

Anyone happen to know how big of a deal it is to swap out the headlamp assembly on the passenger side? I hate having a new vehicle worked on. I see a couple bolts and hoping that's all it takes to swap out the whole thing. Also, anyone know how the adjustment works? I am assuming they have to re-aim the unit after it's replaced. And no, I didn't read the manual yet
It's no biggie to replace the head lamp, it takes about 3 minutes. In fact I changed my head lamps and went with a pair of recons Looks way better and works way better.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:20 PM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

super easy

remove 3 (or 4, I can't remember) bolts on the top and side, and it'll pull right out, straight forward. it takes a little force because it's "popped" into place, but it'll come free

look in the owner's manual; it goes over the process

what's the chance you'd be willing to donate your damaged light for an experiment?

I've been wondering if it's possible to stick these headlights in an oven to heat them up and separate them (the clear front from the housing), but I'm too scared to be the first and ruin my good lights, lol

unless they keep the damaged one...
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
what's the chance you'd be willing to donate your damaged light for an experiment?

I've been wondering if it's possible to stick these headlights in an oven to heat them up and separate them (the clear front from the housing), but I'm too scared to be the first and ruin my good lights, lol

unless they keep the damaged one...
Haha, I already asked if they'd let me keep the old one, and it was a no go. I am just glad Ford is picking up the tab. I don't want to know what an OEM headlamp assembly costs!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:27 PM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

aw damn, lol

yeah that's cool they're replacing it for you with no hassell! got to love it when a company takes care of it's customers
Old 11-16-2010, 09:04 AM

Just saw a used one on ebay for $20. I really wish someone would bake these open and see if it works. I just havent had the time to try it and dont have a spare daily driver.

Quick Reply: Getting a new headlight