- 2012 Race Red F150 FX4 Ecoboost SCREW
Current Mod List (as of 2-11-13):
- Appearance Package
- Luxury Package
- Sony Navigation
- Moon Roof
- Tailgate Step/Stripper Pole
- MorePowerTuning tuned via SCT
- aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 Pro 5R Cold Air Intake (54-12192)
Wheels and Tires:
- Bilstein 5100 Shocks at Highest Setting 2.5" (Front 24-187497 Rear 33-187501)
- OEM 2013 SVT Raptor Wheels (Non-Beadlock)
- BFGoodrich AT 315/70/17
- Rigid Dually Spots (Behind the Grill)
- Rigid Dually Floods (In Front of the Intercooler)
- FreedomInMotion Ford Sync Lockpick
- JL Audio HD900/5 5 Channel Class-D Amplifier
- JL Audio C2570x Coaxials (4)
- JL Audio 10w0v3 Subwoofers (2)
- JL Audio CL441dsp (Clean Sweep)
- JL Audio CL-SSI (Signal Summing Interface)
- JL Audio HD-RLC
- JL Audio 4 Gauge Power Wire (18')
- JL Audio 4 Gauge Ground Wire (18")
- JL Audio XD-CLRAIC4 4 Channel RCA's (18')
- JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2 2 Channel RCA's (18')
- Xscorpion 0/2 ANL Fuse Holder
- Xscorpion 150A ANL Fuse
- 1/2" MDF Custom Built Amp Rack (Started with 56"x24" sheet)
- Black Carpet
- Fox Box (Dual 10" Downfiring)
- McGard Tailgate Lock
- Bullring Classic Retractable Tie Downs
- Bak Roll-X
- Bedrug Truck Bed Liner
- Igloo Cool Fusion 40 Maxcold 58 Can Cooler (In-Bed Mounted)
- CravenSpeed Shorty Antenna
- Running Board Delete
- FX4 Decal Delete
- Window Tint 5%
- Windshield Tint 50%
- Tinted Front and Rear Emblems
- Tinted Headlight and Side Mirror Reflectors
- Franchi Motorsports - Always there to help guide the way and just a great guy!
- Mike@MPT - Providing a fantastic tune and going above and beyond for me
- Morrie@BakFactoryOutlet - Amazing service, great prices, fun guy!
- Belushi - Great help throughout my stereo build, and an inspirational truck to follow
- HTXfX4, Franchi, Belushi, Grandpa's Grocery Getter, Desert Dawg, and plenty more...
Here are some progress pics along the way, and I'll be sure to update as I continue on with my build.
Bone stock just a few days after buying it. Loved it as it come off the showroom floor, but as I always do, I needed to improve on a few things!
One of the first things I do when I buy my vehicles is head over to my buddies shop and get a tint job done. Here you can see Juan tinting the headlight reflectors.
I didn't really like the orange reflectors or the blue emblems on the Race Red, so I decided to see how tinting them would turn out. I'd say I'm thoroughly happy with how the tint worked out. Here's the front grill emblem.
Fresh tint job soaking in the sun. Notice the 5% on all windows, and 50% on the windshield. No visibility issues what-so-ever. It was right about this time that I realized I was in need of the Cravenspeed shorty antenna.
I haven't had any killer stereos in my cars for at least 10 years. I've been building Mustangs for speed, and the only music I would hear is the sounds of blower whine, exhaust, tires squeeling, and asphalt crying! For this truck, given the lack of the V8 rumble, I opted to go with a pretty intensive stereo install. Mainly comprised of JL Audio components. Here you see my JL Audio Clean Sweep and Signal Summing Interface installed on custom built amp rack.
I went with the JL Audio HD900/5 amp to conserve space on my amp rack, and to stay with high end components from JL Audio. I shouldn't need to upgrade this amp ever. Here's you see it installed on custom built amp rack. Notice the wiring is hidden incredibly well. I took ample time and comprised a way to run all the wires behind the amp rack, while maintaining a separation of power and RCA.
Custom built amp rack install complete. Was a long day, refer to my build thread linked in the "Related Threads"
section of this build thread for detailed pics of the install. I can say this, it felt amazing to stand back and look at this, after weeks of research and preparation.
CravenSpeed shorty antenna is hands down a must have if your primary source of music isn't FM/AM. Due to my location, I have no issues picking up FM/AM stations, but you will undoubtedly lose signal if you are not located near the stereo signal towers. Looks great, well made, packaged nicely, and shipped quickly. Easily my best <$25 mod to date.
I've got this local place I go to and get these vanity plates custom made. They are well built and the price is right. This one says "Twin Turbo Toy Hauler", but I'm considering changing it out for something else. I'm still brainstorming another idea. Either way, it's a decent shot of the plate and the grill emblem.